PDA

View Full Version : Different Photo periord during the work week.

john0087
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone runs a shortened light period during the work week. I was thinking, if I ran a 8/6hrs (actinic/white) cycle, M-, then a 10/8hrs on Sat-Sun.

My main concern is heat. While my wife and I are at work, I run the AC at 80deg, but I still think that the tank will get overly hot. If you have ready my tank thread, you will understand why heat is a concern for me. Unfortunately, I can not run a chiller.

When my wife and I are home, we run the AC a bit stronger, so weekends and evening are not a concern.

The short period would be during the same time of day as the long period, just starter later in the morning and end sooner in the evening.

The tank will be a LPS reef, with a BTA. I have done this set up in the past with an 8/6 and the corals/bta did well. I was just wondering if having a short and long cycle would stress the tank.

Thanks

CarmieJo
09-07-2007, 12:41 AM
I used to do this all the time before I got my Solaris. Now I just run it on the day/night program since heat is not an issue.

john0087
09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Great,

Thanks!

lReef lKeeper
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
should be fine. i can not believe that i missed this post. i usually at least LOOK at all of the "new posts".