PDA

View Full Version : Does height of coral matter regarding choice of host for Clowns?

pammy
08-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Probably a silly question, but I'll ask anyway. I bought a pair of Percula's 3 weeks ago (smaller one just eaten by my Duncan Coral so I just have the one clown right now) I just added a Frogspawn coral. It has two branches and about 8 heads, and looks like a tree right now. It's about 4" high. Do clowns care about the height of a coral when choosing a host? I have a small hammer that my clown is trying to host in. It has two heads and it's low to the ground. I added a frogspawn, and he's still interested in the very small hammer. Just curious if they prefer corals close to the sand, rather than tall corals. Would I be better off cutting off a bit of the trunk on the Frogspawn or do clowns not care about the height of the coral? I took a video with the clown carressing the hammer lovingly. ;) The Frogspawn is in the video to the left. Hammer is not open all the way in the video because the MH lights had gone off for the night. Click on the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2oGYGNTi60

Thanks!
Pam

tim
08-29-2007, 07:17 AM
clowns don't care about anything except defending its space. nice video by the way.

pammy
08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
YAY!! My clown decided tonight to try to host the much larger Frogspawn that I bought yesterday!! He's behaving exactly the same with it as he was in the video I took of him with the small hammer. Looks like he's testing it out right now.
You wre right Tim!
Pam

clowns don't care about anything except defending its space. nice video by the way.