PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Clown doing burn-outs, remedy?

Bernie
08-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey there everyone... been a long time but i'm still around.

My 92 corner is doing well and all the inhabitants seem happy. Which brings me to this odd behavior with my Maroon Clown.

She comes down out of the pulsing xenia that she is calling home for now and does burn outs. Sticks her little maroon tail in the sand and, well... does a burn out. Then goes back to the pulsing xenia. It is funny, doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but she is leaving hugh divots in the sand, sometimes all the way down to the glass bottom in only a day!

So how can I stop her from doing it? Any ideas?

Thanks,
B

CarmieJo
08-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Mine does the same thing. I have heard that you can bury a ceramic tile an inch or so under the sand to stop them from digging all the way to the glass. I have never done so because I think it would be a dead spot in your sandbed.

pearsonhurst
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Do you just have the one, or a pair? Sounds like cleaning/mating behavior.

lReef lKeeper
08-19-2007, 10:44 PM
i was thinking the same thing Pearson.

CarmieJo
08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
From what I have read/heard I think it sounds like a kind of mating behavior too even though I only have a single maroon.

tim
08-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Do you just have the one, or a pair? Sounds like cleaning/mating behavior.

I agree.

Bernie
08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Just the single maroon here as well... Maybe me and CarmieJo should start a Maroon Clown dating service... clownHarmony or some such junk :rotfl:

tim
08-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Just the single maroon here as well... Maybe me and CarmieJo should start a Maroon Clown dating service... clownHarmony or some such junk :rotfl:

:rotfl: to fuuny

CarmieJo
08-27-2007, 11:31 PM
LOL! Does your's bite? Mine can draw blood. This makes tank maintenance challenging because you have to watch for the clown all the time!

tim
08-27-2007, 11:40 PM
LOL! Does your's bite? Mine can draw blood. This makes tank maintenance challenging because you have to watch for the clown all the time!

glad to hear that I am not the only one with a biting clown