PDA

View Full Version : clown mixing...

PhotoJohn
07-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Okay to start I know this is a stupid question and I believe I know the answer, however, I am going to ask anyway. Yes, I have researched and yes I listened to the clown fish podcasts (and I am looking foward to the next show on raising the babies!). I had a pair of black perculas, one died from unknown causes and the other has been strong. It seemed lonely (a.k.a. I was probably bored) and wanted her to have a friend. So I dumped a junivile ocellaris in with my black percula. The percula chased him around a bit but now they are friends and the ocellaris often makes the "twitching" movement around the percula (they have been together for 6months or so). I was curious can an Ocellaris and a percula produce viable young? If not would it be okay to pull the ocellaris and put in a small black percula or a normal percula in the tank. I was told a normal percula and a black could produce babies, true?

My other question is can I have a gold stripe maroon in the same tank as either a pair of ocellaris or perculas? It is a 46g with a carpet at one end and a bta at the other. The bta belongs to the gold stripe. At any rate thanks for trying to answer my stupid clown questions :)

Larry Copperband
07-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Maroon's are the Mac Daddy of Clownfish (Check out that Cheek Spine ! Yikes!).
The potential for unwanted aggression is 99.9%.
Happy Happy Joy Joy is the goal.

CarmieJo
07-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't think that perculas and ocellaris can hybridize.