PDA

View Full Version : Sick French Anglefish White fuzzy stuff

Gordonious
06-17-2007, 08:18 PM
PLEASE help me figure out what is wrong and decide what to do!

http://www.gordonious.com/RC/sick.html

CarmieJo
06-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, he is definitely sick. He has the typical labored, rapid respiration of velvet but the lesions look larger than I would expect for velvet. I think of velvet as looking like the fish has been powdered. I'd get him out of your DT and into a hospital tank ASAP.
Was the eel in QT because he was sick or new? Did you QT the tang? Is anything else acting oddly?

Gordonious
06-17-2007, 09:59 PM
The story is overly complicated. The Angle was going to be moved into a 75g(from a 20g) I had set up with sand and rock, but a sick puffer was placed in the tank. The puffer died so I broke down the tank since it hadn't been up for long. The eel was the only animal in the tank when the puffer died so it went into qt just incase.

I set up a 55g at my grandparents. Bare bottom with a single large rock in it. 100% of the water I used had been in my larger reef system. There is a large power head and heater in the tank, as well as a thermometer, but no form of filtration. I was going to plumb it to three 20g tanks which have been running for years when I returned home today, but that is obviously not going to happen now This was just to hold them until I could set up the 75g.

The tang was not QTed as I was a bit rushed and couldn't set up another small tank and do a lot of water changes on it because I had to leave the tanks for a week. The tang had been in a friends reef system for ~2years. His former owner hadn’t bought or added anything to the tank in months because he knew he was going to have to break down the tang this month.

I'm living half the time in the northern part of the state and half the time in the southern part of the state a block away from my grandparents.

Sorry if that was TMI(too much info). Ask me questions if I left anything out.

Seahorsedreams
06-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Looks like a fungus to me.....

Amphibious
06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Gordonious

It looks to me like you have two things going on here. First it looks like a parasite has attacked the fish. I'm judging that by the little lail like things visible sticking out when you look down the side of the fish. Secondary to that, is a fungal infection. The video is sad to watch.

Is it still alive?

Seahorsedreams
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I wonder why I can't see the video.

wwest
06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Click here Renee :) (http://www.gordonious.com/RC/HPIM7638.MPG)

Or are you just having problems playing the video? codec errors or something?

Seahorsedreams
06-20-2007, 11:06 AM
still can't get it.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address. "

Gordonious
06-20-2007, 02:10 PM
The fish was still alive yesterday and seems to be doing better. It is staying at my grand parents and I am at my parents down the street. In another forum we decided it was ich and that hypo was the best course of action.