PDA

View Full Version : Food Hog!

pammy
06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey all. Wow...my firefish eats like a pig. He snatches up all the food so fast, the possum wrasse only has time to eat very little. Hopefully some food is getting in the cave where the wrasse hangs out so that he gets a little. Anyone worry that they have a fish that's not getting his share of food? Any trick to get shy fish their share of food? I think part of the issue is...by the time the possum gets brave enough to come out of hiding for food, the firefish has gobbled most of it down. I thought maybe if I just put a tiny bit of food with garlic in the tank first...the possum will be drawn out. Then I can put the rest of the food in the tank after the possum is out searching for food. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Pam

wwest
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I would let it go for a few days, the wrasse is just getting to know whats on the outside of the glass and how things work. If there is a problem you can try feeding with two cups. Pour the first cup in and when it seems the firefish can't eat much more dump the other one in. Use the same amount of food just divided. It might take some time but they will get use to being around.