PDA

View Full Version : Aiptasia Search

scanaday
06-02-2007, 08:36 AM
OK, I'm in search for some Aiptasia to start a culture to feed the Nudibranch's I plan on breeding & selling (don't have these and don't plan on getting them until I can build a very large source of Aiptasia). I've made a couple attempts to collect some Aiptasia from people willing to give me some they had, but we tried to get them off the rock they were on. These attempts failed miserably. I have quite a bit of base rock that has been out of a tank for a long time that I can trade with folks or possibly pay for the rock that the Aiptasia is on. I live in Indianapolis, IN.

Thanks,
Shawn

Larry Copperband
06-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi Shawn,
Interesting request ::: Hiding my Joe's Juice :::
I have a Rock in my 12g that's coveredin those critters.It's about 8"x 4"x 3".

scanaday
06-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Larry, I knew people would think it to be an interesting request. Would you be willing to ship that rock :D. I could either pay you for the rock/shipping or ship you some equivelant sized base rock. Don't even know at this point if it would be worth the cost. I want to wait and see what kind of local response I get before having to have something shipped.

Thanks

Larry Copperband
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
I understand fully,my friend.Heck,if you were local,I'd give it to ya.
My plans are to switch out my Aiptasia rock with one in my 55g where my Butterflyfish currently resides.He thinks they're Yummy too!

PSH
06-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Not sure how far away from Fort Wayne you are. The Pet Store has an all in one nano with some clowns and anemone. That tank has the biggest Aiptasia I have ever seen. Completely infested. Their big reef is infested with majano's. You could possibly talk them out of a few aiptasia.

scanaday
06-02-2007, 10:25 AM
PSH, Thanks for the info. I'm exactly 1 Hr 45 Min from The Pet Store in Fort Wayne. I'll have to think about that because with the price of gas, it may be cheaper to have someone ship some to me. :D I would like some really large specimens though to start off with, so that may be worth the trip.

CarmieJo
06-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Someone on eBay was selling aiptasia!

salt-rookie
06-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I NEVER dreamed I would see a post REQUESTING aiptasia! That just seems WRONG! Its likehaving to learn that people actually BUY snails in saltwater tanks, after HATING to see one in freshwater!!:eek:

scanaday
06-03-2007, 10:05 AM
salt-rookie, I'm only requesting these to start a culture for feeding Aiptasia eating Nudibranch's that I will be selling.

salt-rookie
06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Scanaday....It was a joke...I'm sorry!