PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to subscribe to the feed

Rob
02-27-2006, 12:12 AM
i have just released a bonus video.
this video will only be availible throught the feed. so make sure you are subscribed and go check it out...

its just a cute, fun video.. but thought it would be a nice treat.. :)

you can subscribe here (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=78383725) here using itunes

Scott
02-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Argh...I must be trying to get it too soon.

I see it in iTunes but I get "an unknown error occured (503)" when I try and download it.

I'll have to wait a little and see if that fixes it.

Where's patience when you need it....8-O

Rob
02-27-2006, 12:32 AM
try to unsubscribe and re-subscribe. i had made a mistake in the original posting causing an issue, but it should be working fine now (as it did for me)

Scott
02-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Nope...same thing. Although at one point it wouldn't even let me subscribe...I think that was try # 3 or 4 with the unsubscribe/subscribe.

I got subscribed again...but still error 503 on the video. must be that patience thing...guess I have to learn that at some point. :rolleyes:

Rob
02-27-2006, 12:45 AM
now that is weird.. it worked ok for me...
if its still broke in the morning i will redo the post

Scott
02-27-2006, 12:47 AM
yeah, I'll try agian in the morning and let you know how it goes.

Scott
02-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Ok....patience won out. I just got the video....

LOL!!!!! I can't express how funny that thing is!!!

Great job!

Scott
02-27-2006, 12:59 AM
had to watch it a second time....and I'm sure there will be more repeat viewings of it.

how long did it take you to put that together? And I'm sure you used your Mac, what software did you use? I'm just full of curiousity now.... :)

Rob
02-27-2006, 01:18 AM
lol.. im glad you liked it..
(hopefully the curiosity will get everyone to subscribe to the feed... Shhh.. dont tell what it is.. :) )

actually it only took a few minutes..
it took more time to render and encode than it took to put it together.
yes, of course i used the mac, and a program called iMovie (part of iLife, that comes free on all new Macs :) )

im sure i will do more of those in the future.. there pretty easy.. :)

com'on what are the rest of you waiting for.. subscribe to the feed and check it out...

Scott
02-27-2006, 01:28 AM
lol.. im glad you liked it..
(hopefully the curiosity will get everyone to subscribe to the feed... Shhh.. dont tell what it is..

Hadn't planned on spoiling it. If they want to know...they'll just have to subscribe. :grin:

actually it only took a few minutes..
it took more time to render and encode than it took to put it together.
yes, of course i used the mac, and a program called iMovie (part of iLife, that comes free on all new Macs :) )

im sure i will do more of those in the future.. there pretty easy..

Ah, another reason for me wanting a Mac. All the nice goodies that come with it! Will have to see how this year goes....might be on the list for late this year or next year. :-)

com'on what are the rest of you waiting for.. subscribe to the feed and check it out...

I must agree....I think I'm past 5 views now. I know the co-workers will get such a kick out of it. ok...enough of my hints.

Kevin McG
02-27-2006, 01:41 AM
LOL great video :)

Jimm
02-27-2006, 09:34 AM
LOL Very Cool! Go grab it if you haven't already!

Reefbaby
02-27-2006, 10:13 AM
had to move this from another thread...didn't realize there already was one!

Rob, you crack me up!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-052.gif

LOVE the bonus video!!! I don't understand why you can't publish one of those a day!?

Rob
02-27-2006, 11:12 AM
lol.. i would love to publish them regularly.. but dotn think i could pull that off..
but i will be trying to do them more often. im glad you all liked it.. :)

Reefbaby
02-27-2006, 12:55 PM
of course, I was just teasing Rob!!! :-) What would we do without you?!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif

JustDavidP
02-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Cuteness..

D

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 02:56 PM
ugh- I'm stuck at work and can't see it right now :(

Rob
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
ugh- I'm stuck at work and can't see it right now :(
better get home and check it out... :)

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 03:14 PM
and you're gonna force me to use iTunes- you suck Rob!! I'll get off in a few hours, then I can see it.... guess I'll have to wait...

Jimm
02-27-2006, 03:17 PM
What's wrong with iTunes? It rocks IMHO. ;)

Scott
02-27-2006, 03:19 PM
and you're gonna force me to use iTunes-

That's why it was a bonus...to those that use iTunes. :rolleyes:

no vid for you. :p

JustDavidP
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Ah...the joys of being the "boss". None of my staff can listen to iTunes or otherwise goof of...but I can :)

D

Rob
02-27-2006, 03:26 PM
lol.. you can use anythign that subscribes to the feed. iTunes is just the most popular.
you can use Juice (iPodder) Tranistr (ipodderX) yahoo podcast, odeo, newsgator.. i could go on and on.. there are so many podcatchers out there, you are by no means tied to itunes..

the point of this for me is to promote people subscribing to the feed, as its better for the show to show a high number of subscribers.. :) as its next to imposible for me to tell you are a listner if you are not subscribed to the feed.

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
nothing really, I just dont know how to work it that well...
Sometimes it will show my limewire downloads and most the time it won't and I can't figure that out.. all the TR stuff works fine though...

Rob
02-27-2006, 03:31 PM
iTunes really makes it simple.. there is a dedicated podcast list. that shows all your subscription right there.. it will auto check the feed, and auto download new episodes when they are released.. then from right there you can transfer then to an mp3 player, or burn them to CD.. its really easy..

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 03:49 PM
maybe you need to come down to SWU and show me how it works!!

Reefbaby
02-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey Gwen...it's only 40 seconds long, so I'm sure when your boss makes a toilet stop, you can catch a quick glance! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-004.gif

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 03:57 PM
well the problem is with work computers is that they limit your access- I can't do hardly anything on this computer- right-clicking and downloading software would never work!!

But Christi- you need to join us for our weekend chat conference- need some more GIRLS!! :D Would love to see you there. Maybe you can get up early and join us? How many hours ahead are you from the east coast?

Reefbaby
02-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Uigh....I'm definitely NOT a morning person! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-005.gif I would LOVE to join the chats, but it's probably wayyyyy too early for me! Although this Saturday night I was up until 4am with my girlfriends...hmmm.....

We're 6 hours ahead of EST. What time are you guys meeting again??

Rob
02-27-2006, 04:14 PM
the chats start at 9:00 PM EST (3:00 AM your time) adn usually run till 12:00 or 1:00 EST (6:00-7:00 ) your time... (or later...lol)

but im sure everyoen woudl be open to changing the time to allow you to get in on the action.. lol :)

what time would be good for you.. (the time shift makes this stuff hard.. lol)

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 04:15 PM
we started about 9pm est and were still there until about 12am or 12:30am... so if you were up til about 4am then I think this might work out!! I'm sure we could start an hour earlier if we knew you were coming ;)

Rob
02-27-2006, 04:17 PM
yeah, i dont think startign at 7:00 or 8:00 would be that big of a deal...
at least not for me.. besides, we want everyoen there.. not just the U.S. folks..
we need the sweedish fish in there too.. lol.. sry, bad joke.. ;)

Scott
02-27-2006, 04:38 PM
maybe you need to come down to SWU and show me how it works!!

Rob could always make a video to show you how to use iTunes. 8-O

Of course, it'd still be great if Rob could make it to SWU too!

Scott
02-27-2006, 04:39 PM
yeah, i dont think startign at 7:00 or 8:00 would be that big of a deal...
at least not for me.. besides, we want everyoen there.. not just the U.S. folks..
we need the sweedish fish in there too.. lol.. sry, bad joke.. ;)

I agree...it'd be fun to be able to get more people into the chat from all over!

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
ha ha Scott- I know how to do the TR iTunes stuff- its just I want all my music to transfer over and it doesn't work every time.

Reefbaby
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Aw shucks....http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/ez/ezpi_blush.gif...you guys are so sweet!

Let's see...since Saturday's are typically later nights for me, I would say I could try to do sessions that would be starting around 12 (midnight). That would be 6pm EST. But, that probably sucks for you guys then...kind of right in the middle of your Saturday evening. How about Saturday or Sunday late mornings your time? Like 10/11am EST?

Let's hear what you guys think...

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
We can always set the time and see who shows up. I don't want to commit to being there since I'm never sure how my day will go. Plus once we get too many people it seems to be a problem, so an odd time would prolly be good for that reason.

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Ok, finally saw the video- All I can say is: You are very silly Rob!!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_27.gif

Did Taylor see this??

jeepjon
02-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I enjoyed that! Can't wait to show it to my wife. It's great!
Thanks for making that.
-Jon

Scott
02-27-2006, 08:51 PM
ha ha Scott- I know how to do the TR iTunes stuff

You know I just couldn't resist it...all those voices in my head... :rolleyes:

- its just I want all my music to transfer over and it doesn't work every time.

That is odd, if you import your other music it doesn't actually import? Never had a problem with that. Granted, it doesn't show up in the podcast area....only my library.

Scott
02-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Plus once we get too many people it seems to be a problem, so an odd time would prolly be good for that reason.

We could always have multiple chat nights/days too.

Jimm
02-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Time doesn't matter for me. I have no life. LOL

Reefbaby
02-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Man...talk about no life!! I just spend 1 hour and 40 minutes shoveling snow!!! We got dumped on AGAIN today!!! About a foot! uigh....we've had snow now every few days since December 26th!!!! And, of course, it dumps a load when my husband's gone, so I get to do it all myself!! Woo hooo!

JustDavidP
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Sounds like the hubby has a lot of "making up" to do ;)

You go gurl... a self sufficient woman! Whahoooo...

D