PDA

View Full Version : New Cube tanks?

jeepjon
02-26-2006, 11:52 PM
I heard some rumors floating around that Oceanic and AGA are both coming out with their own nano cube designs to compete with JBJ and Current? Is this so? Is it a rumor? Any ideas? Any LFS owners who have a heads up?
-Jon

(Jon peering ominously outside his window to make sure he hasn't leaked any important information...and to make sure his voice isn't snuffed)

Rob
02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
lol... nope, i haven't heard anything...

gwen_o_lyn
02-27-2006, 05:06 PM
that would be nice if its true- I'd like to see a nano setup for natural filtration- one that has a GOOD skimmer.

jeepjon
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
yeah...I actually had the thought of producing a nano on my own that had good lighting and filtration (i.e.-a skimmer built in). But I don't know if the market is saturated, and my work with acrylic isn't that good yet. I would also have to design the skimmer in it. And it wouldn't be cheap...that's for sure! But...the question is how much would somebody pay for a 12 gallonish tank with a built in 'fuge area, skimmer, and nice lighting? CPR's tank is probably in the $400 range....and that would be where my price point would be in making a tank like that. Oh well, my entrepeneurial endeavors will have to wait..
-Jon

gwen_o_lyn
03-01-2006, 04:35 PM
hmmm, I'd prolly pay at least $500 for a 12g nano that had a GOOD skimmer, and mh's- however you will get many customers complaining that their tank is overheating- may need to do a bigger size for mh's.

jeepjon
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, and I also don't know about the whole lawsuit thing...electrical product and water...and I don't have a whole lot of start up capital. I think I could do it, and do it well...maybe I'll start small, making a few at a time..make a few bucks on each one, get my acrylic skills down really good, or make them out of glass (wouldn't have rounded corners though). I'm a little better at glass than acrylic...

We'll see.
-Jon

jeepjon
03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
i got more information directly from Oceanic. New BioCube coming out. I got a TIF file of their brochure. There are three models coming out: a 9 gallon, a 14 gallon, and a 29 gallon. All have 2 PC bulbs (18, 24, and 36 watts respectively). They're using thicker glass than the JBJ's and AP's. (4, 5, and 6mm glass respectively). SO, I saw it with my own two eyes...a new all in one coming out! Should be nice to see what Oceanic does with it. Their products are really high quality. (and high price too....so we'll see how expensive they are).
-Jon

gwen_o_lyn
03-12-2006, 04:53 AM
post a pic if you can ;)

jeepjon
03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Will do..give me about five minutes, and I'll have the actual flyer they sent me...as long as it is legal to post that. It's a public information sales flyer.
-Jon

jeepjon
03-13-2006, 12:02 AM
http://users.adelphia.net/~jskeary/biocube.tif

gwen_o_lyn
03-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks- very cool!

jeepjon
03-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Good...I can't wait to see how much they are...if they might be in my budget in the future...then again...I'm living on loans...so not much budget!