PDA

View Full Version : After 9 Months...Anemome is Gone?

wildeone
04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
After nine months in my tank, my Anemone has disappeared. I went away for a long Easter weekend on the 10th of April, and when I cam e back, no anemone. My sister (who knows little about SW tanks) was none the wiser and noticed nothing, when feeding my tank. I saw no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate spike and nothing out of the ordinary.

It has been 13 days now and I am still hoping I come down one morning and find two of them in there, as some say they do this when they split. Anyone ever have this happen?

wwest
04-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Im sorry to hear that duane, when mine split it tried to hide but i didn't have many hiding places for it. I have heard of anemones disapearing like that and i have an idea for ya that might be tricky depending on how high your tank is and how long your arms are lol. You know those plastic dental mirrors with a handle. Take one of those and see if you can spot it in or under a rock? Might get lucky and find it to either help it or at least make sure its ok. I took my mirror and rubber banded it to a peace of hard air line tubing. Works wonders when looking around.

CarmieJo
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
On no, I hope that it shows back up.

Rob
04-23-2007, 10:55 PM
yes, mine was hidden and deflated for many days.. dont remember exactly how many thought.. hopefully yours show sup soon...

do you have a clown? usually they are a great indicated since they will follow it just about anywhere

wildeone
04-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention that! My clown is now hosting my frogspawn! Bu, that may be because the anemone is too far into the rockwork...right?

Rob
04-24-2007, 09:21 AM
its possible, yes. to the clown its all the same. so if the frogspawn was in a better place, thats probably why it moved

petunia
04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
that's what my rtba did when it split... it went deep into a hole in a piece of lr. the newest one did that but, the original one was out in the open though. good luck and i hope that it appears for you.