PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn Coral Placement

petunia
04-14-2007, 12:23 PM
What is the best placement for a frogspawn?

I have read that it needs moderate to high light, medium water flow, and bottom placement.

I have mine at the top of my tank in the direct light (MH's) and my flow is medium to high. It seems to be doing ok there.

Should I move it to the middle to bottom area of the tank? Will it get scorched where I have it?

wwest
04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
IMO every frog spawn has different needs in different tanks. Mine was happy at in the middle of the tank with moderate flow. Frog spawns are also photo thesis so they need light to thrive so the are best kept under MH's and dependent upon the output of the lights for the placement in the tank. The lower the lighting the closer to the top and so on. If its doing great where it is i would leave it alone. If you do decide to place it somewhere else just do it slowly and keep a good eye on it. I use pictures to determine the happiness of my corals. HTH's

PSH
04-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I have my frogspawn and torch on top in the nano with MH. My other frogspawn is at the bottom in the 75. I don't think it really matters. Just make sure it can't reach any other corals it's sting is quite potent.

Seahorsedreams
04-14-2007, 02:21 PM
I have several frogspawns... they touch each other and lead a pathway from the bottom of the tank all the way up to the highest piece of rock. All of them are happy.

petunia
04-14-2007, 03:12 PM
i guess that i will watch it and see if it stays happy and, move it if it becomes unhappy.
thanks everyone.