PDA

View Full Version : McCosker Flasher Wrasse

WUSABI REEFMAN
03-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I have a McCosker Flasher Wrasse for about a year and just recently he started jumping any ideas on why he would start now or how to stop him

Seahorsedreams
03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
What has changed in your tank recently?

Tell us about your setup and inhabitants.

WUSABI REEFMAN
03-17-2007, 10:11 PM
I Added A Hammer Thats About It........ The Tank He's In Is A 175 Gallon Mixed Reef, Im Thinking About Moving Him Into One Of My Smaller Tanks To See If That Works Maybee. I Have 8 Set-up's Ranging From A 30 Gallon Seahorse Tank All The Way Up To A 220 Gallon Fish Only All My Tanks Are Running Off A 200 Gallon Refugium Sump Except My Fish Only Thats On A 55 Gallon Sump Been Dosing And Keeping My Set-ups The Same Since Before I Got Him, Im Not Sure Why He Would Be Freaking Out Over A Hammer Coral But Thats The Only Changes I Have Made

saxman
03-19-2007, 04:13 PM
could the fish be getting stung? could the hammer have set off chemical warfare in the tank and the wrasse is sensitive to whatever it is?

WUSABI REEFMAN
03-21-2007, 12:13 AM
All My Levels Are Fine I Dont Think Anything Chemical Wise Has Changed

iglowce
03-22-2007, 04:00 PM
hm can u do a water change? and check all the param using a diff test kits =]

it could be a test kit fault that give inaccurate results. just to be sure, bring ur water and have it checked at ur LFS

Seahorsedreams
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
The chemical warfare (otherwise known as allelopathy) Saxman is talking about is not something that you can test for. Frequent water changes, carbon and strategic coral placement is what helps with it.

CarmieJo
03-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Is it possible a pet or child is spooking him?

Reefbaby
03-24-2007, 04:03 PM
is he jumping more in the evenings/nighttime? I had a mantis shrimp in my tank that was making my jumpers freak. I lost 3 fish before I figured out what was spooking them. Keep an ear out for a clicking sound in the evenings.

otherwise, you can always get some egg crate and lay it over the top of the tank to prevent having a carpet shark....not fun!