PDA

View Full Version : Gorgonians with seahorses

Cyclura
03-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I dont know if this is the appropriate forum for this thread but yall can move it if need be.

Many of the seahorse tank pics i see have orange gorgonians in them as hitching posts. At least, i think they are gorgonians.

How hard are these corals to keep in a low-flow seahorse tank and are there any special considerations in regards to keeping them in general and keeping them with seahorses.

-Adam

Seahorsedreams
03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Personally I wouldn't put a gorg in a SH tank but it is something that peeps love to do. It's a great hitching post and in the ocean where they have lots of different gorgs to hitch to everyday it's not a problem. But when a SH hitches to the same one in your tank everyday it soon becomes stripped. The gorg won't hurt the SH but the SH may hurt the gorg. I also don't think their tank requirements are the same. So one or the other will be forced to fit the bill of the other... someone doesn't win in that situation.

I see lots of pics from people with gorgs in their tanks and then when they post an updated pic some time later,you don't see the gorg anywhere in sight.

But again, there are people who have done it successfully.

Cyclura
03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
nevermind, thanks renee

Seahorsedreams
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't wanna come off as a seahorse nazi. They can exist in many many different environments. I have pushed the envelope on many different occasions as I have gained experience. The more experience I gain, the more I am moving back to the basics where seahorses are concerned.