PDA

View Full Version : Reputation system, keep it or drop it

Rob
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
see this thread for details on the reputation system
http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/site-info-news/3872-reputation-system.html

IAreef
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
While I know I am still relatively new here, I must say this is by far one of the best behaved boards that I have ever been a part of, and while I contribute alot of this to Rob and his staff I believe that this is mostly due to the type of people that populate this forum, people that care more about their tanks and helping others that spamming, flameing, etc. because of this I think the people here have reached a maturity level that will let this system work.
(stepping down from my soapbox)

JustDavidP
03-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Awe...feel the lovin?

Rob, I know I've been MIA (family problems...very ill/dying aunt) but I'm trying to get in as often as possible. FWIW, I don't think it would HURT to try and use it. Just like Jason stated...if there is any site that could handle the proper use of such a system, it would be the Talking Reef.

Dave

Rob
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
IAReef
this is actually why i decided to try it.
back in the beginning i heeded to the advice to stay away from the reputation system because of the potential issues.

since then and to this day i am continually surprised and amazed by the kindness and the level of maturity and respect show by our members, something i have never seen anywhere else..

so i figured it would be worth a try.. again, this community is for all of you, and i leave it to all of you to decide.. :)

Seahorsedreams
03-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Where does this reputation show up? I see how to give someone rep but how do I veiw their rep?

Rob
03-06-2007, 11:11 PM
details are here
http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/site-info-news/3872-reputation-system.html

JustDavidP
03-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Who-hooo... If I get enough green blocks, I'm going to build a Talking Reef version of Fenway Pahhk's Green Monster!

Dave

lReef lKeeper
03-19-2007, 11:21 PM
While I know I am still relatively new here, I must say this is by far one of the best behaved boards that I have ever been a part of, and while I contribute alot of this to Rob and his staff I believe that this is mostly due to the type of people that populate this forum, people that care more about their tanks and helping others that spamming, flameing, etc. because of this I think the people here have reached a maturity level that will let this system work.
(stepping down from my soapbox)

i agree 100% with Jason.