PDA

View Full Version : what should I do?

duke1231
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
In a year or so I am going to be moving into a condo, and I dont know what I should do? I have given myself options but need your help. 1st option get a 75gal tank for a fowlr upgrade from my 29gal. option 2 start a fresh water biotope like my 29gal reef. Problem is that with the freshwater biotope, we are talking about real plants which involves co2 injector, if you want to do it right, in which case is going to be slightly more expensive, and does the co2 injector run on electricity? This subject is starting to annoy me, because I dont know what to do. True my problems pail in comparison to people with real problems, mine is just a frustration. Any help would be much appreciated.

George
02-28-2007, 11:16 AM
The solenoid that controls the valve that in turn controls CO2 injection runs on a small amount of electricity (much less than a powerhead).

Planted FW systems are pretty neat. Would make for a nice Africans or Discus setup.

duke1231
03-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh cool I didnt know that about the co2, but how much I wonder is the gas? discus seem to be a fish riddled with disease problems, because when ever I read an article on them it's always talking about how to avoid this disease and that.

bullfrog
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I have a 75 gallon planted freshwater tank that I inject with CO2 24 hours a day. I refill the CO2 tank (5 pounds) about once a year at a welding supply store. it costs about $12 to refill.

CarmieJo
03-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Hi bullfrog,

I see you joined a while ago but since this is your first post I'd like to say :welcome: to TR.

bullfrog
03-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Thanks CarmieJo,

It's great to be here! :)