PDA

View Full Version : A flow question?

Victoria
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi all
I have not started a thread in a while.. So here's some thoughts.
I have had a bit of trouble in one area of my tank. A little stn going on. I have been thinking about this alot, as I had some big trouble with RTN in the same area not to long ago. I know I have a small tank and things seem to happen faster because of it. Any way, My fluval out let has always been in the same place. It flows kati-corner across my tank. I was wondering about my Merlina. It has grown very big, and now the water flows across it to the area I was having problems with. I cut the out-let tube shorter so the flow would not blow over/across the Merlina. And guess what??? No more problem!:wow: . All my corals quickly cleared up. Soooooo It was a little chem warfare. So I think because I have such a small tank, I was sending chemicals towards my other corals...:huh: . I knew something was not right, but could not put my finger on it. Anybody else had this problem?
My tank now is in top shape!:agree:

wwest
02-24-2007, 08:00 PM
You bring up a very good point here and i don't think a lot of people realizes that could happen. I bet it has happened before and was shrugged off because they believed it was another problem. You asked the question "Anybody esle had this problem" and i wanted to simply put "no i haven't but good catch!" and i realize i have had corals upwind before and they started RTN so i moved them and they were ok. I think this happens alot but know one thinks about it. :)

Great post.

Victoria
02-25-2007, 07:50 PM
If I had a larger tank, I would not even consider it. But I don't, so things like this get noticed. I really like having an investigative mind about my tank. I think alot of time we may do the wrong thing, thinking it was the right thing.