PDA

View Full Version : Talking Reef!

Cinderblock
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I forgot about talking reef until we got an iPod and used iTunes to download podcasts. I did a search for reefs and talking reef came up. I listened to about five episodes yesterday and learned the most from the video on the CA tests. Great ideas from past shows that I still have to listen to.

You should see if reefcentral.com can give you an area to post.

Rob
02-21-2007, 05:08 PM
thanks, i do want to do more of those "test kit" videos, alot of people liked them

as for Reefcentral, we are not affiliated with them, and they do not allow me to talk about TR in a way that looks like self promotion or advertising. and on a side note, i don't have much of a desire because i strongly disagree with there practices and beliefs over there as far as managing a community, so i keep my distance

Cinderblock
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I dont know much about reefcentral except that there are a lot of members. The talking reef site is great. There are not a huge amount of posts but most questions I have can be answered if I listen to or watch an episode. That saves me from the endless search I have to go through for information. I'll post on the episode requests for something I am curious about. Even my wife who just likes to look at my aquarium even learned something the other day after I put one of the episodes on her iPod. I cant believe she actually listened to part of "cycling" as this is what we are going through with our new system we set up in January.

Cinderblock
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I know this is basic but how about a show on clean up crews. There are so many snails and crabs I dont know which one is best for what.

Rob
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
That is a Great idea.. thanks..
i will see what i can pull together for that.. :)

CarmieJo
02-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Hi Cinderblock,

:welcome: to TR. It's good to have you aboard.

Titus
04-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I'd like to say how helpful the podcasts have been, thanks and keep up the great information flow Rob :)

iglowce
04-03-2007, 03:42 PM
welcome to TR.. we love to have you with us. i have an account wt reefcentral and nanoreef. but TR is my most fav..

ps: i have the most posts here than my reefcentral and nanoreef posts combined =]