PDA

View Full Version : Dosing requirements

jdwhit
02-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I have an Oceanic 14 gal Bio Cube.
Stock:
2 small false percs that host in a small pink bubble tip.
1 small royal gramma
1 med to large cleaner shrimp
1 small feather duster
2 different pulsing xenia (both varieties started out as small stalks with less than 10 heads, now both are multi stalks with massive amounts of heads)
3”x5” flat rock covered in orange zoos
1”x1” ruble covered in neon green zoos
2.5”x4” open brain
2 small mushrooms
1 small frog’s spawn
7” tall finger leather
1”x2” shell covered in green star polyps
3”x3” green bubble coral
Clean up crew – 8-10 hermits and 20 or so snails
fine sand sloping from 1.5” to 3.5” in back that is covered in about 1/8th” of rubble (crushed coral rubble and shells) and about 16 lbs of live rock.

I test for nitrates and cal. I know that I should test for other things but don’t as I do constant water changes (I do not have a skimmer so I feel that I must do lots of water changes). I set up my nano the first of August. Have had some losses, I did not have a quarantine tank and introduced ick with a fish addition. Lost all my fish. All of the coral has done very well. I dose 1/8 th tsp of Kent Liquid Calcium every night along with: 1 or 2 drops of Kent Iodine, 1 or 2 drops of Kent Strontium & Molybdenum, and 1 or 2 drops of Kent iron. I do at least a one gallon water change every week and dose 1/8 tsp of Kent essential elements after the water changes. Do you think that I am dosing correctly?

wwest
02-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't dose iodine unless i was testing for it. Iodine is very damaging when the levels are 2 high. When i was dosing and testing i went threw about a cap full a month. As for the rest i have not used so i can't give a opinion on it.

What is your calcium showing when you test?