PDA

View Full Version : Video podcast ?

graveyardworm
02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I spent some time today listening to some podcasts, they are great!

Now I tried to view one of the video podcasts, and all I get is audio. I have quicktime, which I just got all the updates for, however there's a list I can open to choose specific upsdates, and some things are listed as Not Installed, so I dont know if this is the problem. Anyone with any suggestions?

wwest
02-02-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure if you can update the Apples H.264 codec but i believe that is what rob uses. Now i had the same problem at first and I think i ended up uninstalling iTunes and Quicktime and then reinstalling it with a newer version. At that point i didn't have to update anything, however I'm not sure if you can still have your iTunes/iPod library. I heard you can but i would hate for you to loose your library like that. :)

graveyardworm
02-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I have PC not Apple, and I'm fairly certain that I dont have an iTunes/iPod library.

I installed all of the Not Installed stuff, and now I get different message, but still cant play the video.

gwen_o_lyn
02-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I would install iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/). That's what I use on my PC for watching the videos.

graveyardworm
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Next question, my operating system is Windows Me, the itunes free download says its for 2000, and XP. Will it still work on Me, or am out of luck for viewing podcasts?

Rob
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
the newest version of quicktime should be able to play the videos without issue.
i would look at re-installing quicktime, trying itunes, or even a 3rd party app like VLC Player

i have also seen some comments (very rare) that re-downloading fixed the issue you describe of audio only

the h.264 codec is built into quicktime so no special extra step should be needed for that

Rob
02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Next question, my operating system is Windows Me, the itunes free download says its for 2000, and XP. Will it still work on Me, or am out of luck for viewing podcasts?
i am not sure if it will work on Windows ME.
not sure if much will, thats a pretty old system, as i noted above, if it doesn't you can try VLC Player, that "might" work on ME

graveyardworm
02-02-2007, 10:15 PM
i have also seen some comments (very rare) that re-downloading fixed the issue you describe of audio only

I'm not even sure I can redownload, Quicktime came as part of my operating system I think, and now to redownload I need Windows 2000 or XP

How do I get to VLC player?

NeO
02-03-2007, 12:54 AM
I dont think Quicktime came as part of your operating system, Quicktime is Aple and Windows is Microsoft.

Here is the link for VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)

graveyardworm
02-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I dont think Quicktime came as part of your operating system, Quicktime is Aple and Windows is Microsoft.

You're probably right, I didnt realize it was an Apple program until I went to upgrade. Somehow I got it just cant remeber when or how.