PDA

View Full Version : yellowhead jawfish

dadonoflaw
01-26-2007, 07:30 AM
i was thinking of getting this fish but i am worried about it being bullied or jump from fear. i have a yellowtail damsel that is coming out other than that i will have a pair of clowns a pair of dragonets a sohal tang a yellow tang a coral beauty and 5 anthias. any possible agression problems?

saxman
01-26-2007, 02:03 PM
the jawfish will build a burrow and defend the area immediately around it. as long as there is sufficient sandbed and some pebbles for it to build with, it should be OK once the burrow is built.

you will probably have to target feed the fish near its burrow to insure it gets enuff food.

dadonoflaw
01-26-2007, 06:39 PM
thank you also i am enjoying the seahorse show as i type and you and david did an excellent job

iglowce
01-27-2007, 06:50 AM
arent they the jumpy types?

dadonoflaw
01-27-2007, 08:08 AM
everything i have read says they jump.

wwest
01-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Yea they are jumpers. If you have a good lid or even egg crate over the tank they would be fine. I have always wanted one but i only have a 4-5 inch sand bed, i don't feel that would be good enough for it. I have seen picture of these little guys in there sand hole and you can just barely see them. So you know the sand is deep in the picture. Locally i have heard of them messing up the rock work white digging, however i have just heard of that locally and not from the internet.