PDA

View Full Version : up grading soon!!!!

yankeeimport
09-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Hello,

My name is Adam and I am a listner in Ohio. I now have a 35 gal. fish only tank with a power compact light, a ton of live rock, an lots of mech. filtration.. I kind of half way got into the hobby about 6 years ago when a friend gave me a tank, so all excited I went out to buy a fish but brought home a dog faced puffer ( knowing little about them). Now it is 6 years later and Fat Boy ( the fish) is still alive and well. But my question is I am going to up sizing soon and am looking at a tank around 72-125 gal. Could you help me with a brief run down of what equipment I will need to create a great reef/fish tank. ie... mech filter or sump/refugium? Power compact metel Halide?.........

Thanks for your time
Adam

Rob
09-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Adam, thanks for the question.
first i would recommend going through the past episodes. i think alot of this is covered there. you can look on the website for descriptions (on the home page and using the archive link in the left menu)

i have added this to my list of questions for the next show. i will answer it on the next show, however, if you listen to those past shows and can come up with some more speciic questions it might be more valuable. i could easily spend 3 hours explaining what you need for a reef tank, which means i wont be able to get into great details in the 5-10 i will have to answer the questions. but i will do my best :)