PDA

View Full Version : Own Posts

JoshHarpst
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
You should set up a hyperlink under User CP that has all of your own posts from the last week so that way when this site has 100000 users you dont have to search all over for your posts and questions. I have this problem on reefcentral when i post a question and go back to that forum to find it, it's like on page 5 and the thread is only a day old where as if i could just go into User CP and click "Your Posts/Threads" you wouldn't have to look all over for them. Right now i dont have this problem with this site i can find them right away, but once thousands of posts are going up everyday, it's going to be a hassle. So maybe you like the idea, maybe not, just throwing out there.

~Josh

Rob
02-13-2006, 05:45 PM
lol.. thanks for your vote of confidence in the site, and that it will grow so big.. :)

i will look at adding something simple like that.
in the mean time, you can view "subscribed threads"
if its not in the list, make sure you click to view all subscribed threads, as i think the default only shows subscribed threads from the last 24 or 48 hours.

AdamJ
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
one thing oyu can do is click on your name in the "online users" section
then click see all of users posts (or somethign liek that)
that will show all your posts back as far as the server holds.

Rob
02-13-2006, 05:56 PM
yep, great point, for got about that one.
so just look at your profile, its in the left hand column ..

Thanks Adam..

kj_yoda
02-13-2006, 10:54 PM
You should set up a hyperlink under User CP that has all of your own posts

Thanks for the idea

JoshHarpst
02-14-2006, 11:33 AM
lol.. thanks for your vote of confidence in the site, and that it will grow so big.. :)

I'm going to go into Reefcentral and put up a couple posts about the website and the Podcasts, let's see how many hits the page gets after that lol

~Josh

Reefbaby
02-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Josh - I've got TalkingReef on my signature over at RC, so I've been hoping as well that people will have seen it! :-)

Rob
02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
i have said it before, and will say it again....

You Guys/Gals ROCK

ZeroKoolNYC
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Everyone, you can always create favorites of the threads that you are interested in using your Internet Browser and once logged into the site you can jump to them without creating more of a bandwidth overhead for the site currently. However, its definitely a great addition when the site does indeed increase subscriber size.

CarmieJo
04-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey Josh - I've got TalkingReef on my signature over at RC, so I've been hoping as well that people will have seen it! :-)
How do you have it listed? I was going to put the feedburner on my signature but was told you can't do that. So, I am always suggesting the podcasts & site when I respond to people. As in "Another way to learn about our hobby is to listen to the TalkingReef www.TalkingReef.com (http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/../) podcasts. The early episodes covered cycling your tank, substrate choices, skimmers, etc."

CarmieJo