PDA

View Full Version : sad and disappointed

iglowce
01-09-2007, 02:49 AM
i got a so-called midas blenny. but the store said its midas. i looked it up online and it matched the pix of mimic blenny (the red-sea type). it said around that they are quite aggressive and known to nip at corals and clams. please advise!

Seahorsedreams
01-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Do you have a pic? The midas can sometimes get a really weird coloration when it's stressed.

iglowce
01-09-2007, 03:15 AM
im 100% sure its a mimic because of the half puple half light yellow body. plus the remarkable black line wt dots that the mimic has.

V
01-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Igloo, i cant comment on your perticular case, Im just going to add some unsolicited advice & some dirty washing. "Know your species" reseach first, or deposit the fish, then research. Take a book, &\or a couple of pictures in the LFS with you & question everything that counter-acts your own research. only then the "oh s$%!" factor is 90% taken out of the equation.

JustDavidP
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Some of the better LFS have reference books in the livestock section. I ALWAYS use them. If your LFS doesn't have such an arrangement, you may want to suggest it. Use the "educated customer is the happy and repeat customer" arguement :)

D

iglowce
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
yea i know .. im always bad wt impulse buying.. oh well hopefully it wont be that bad.. grrr and i want the clam i guess i have to hold on and see how this baby behave in the tank for a couple weeks