PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me id this?

An-Ma
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
This is bought as a BTA,but I have no clue what kind.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/an-maant/TR2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/an-maant/TR.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/an-maant/TR1.jpg

It has lately been stressed alot,first by the A. Clarckii,that I think is to big for it.
The Clarckii loved it so much,that the Anemone responded by getting "bleached". Then by me,moving it to a bigger tank.
It started to recover until I,by accident,put my arm on it (yes,that did hurt,and I ended up sick).
I thought it would die after all this,but three days ago,this "thing" split up:o . So now I have two..... Would be nice to know what I have two of....
It is not very big,around 3,9 inch,before the split.

raermo
01-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm not an expert and its hard to tell from pictures but that looks exactly like a long tentacle anemone that I use to have. Anemones usually split when they are not happy/stressed, I think that is the case with yours. How often do you feed them? - Rachel

An-Ma
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
To often,I`m afraid...... :sorry:
Every day,and sometimes twice a day......

lReef lKeeper
01-04-2007, 09:35 PM
it looks like a bubble tip to me. of course you dont have the bubbles, but mine rarely does either. looks to be a green (only because it looks EXACTLY like mine, and mine is a GBTA).

it is not nessecary to feed the anemone all the time. that is one of the jobs of the clownfish. thier symbiotic relationship is that the fish feeds and protects the anemone and the anemone protects the fish.

Rob
01-04-2007, 09:44 PM
that is a BTA, i agree with Bobby.
i do say that feeding should be done unless you can confirm that your clown is doing it, i have had a few that didn't, so observation is key here...

lReef lKeeper
01-04-2007, 10:01 PM
good point Rob, guess i should have put that in there.

wildeone
01-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I feed mine once a week. I mix his diet up a bit, a piece of silverside, some fresh fish (perch or salmon) and a shrimp occassionally. I also soak mine in Selcon before I feed him. Also it is important to remember that the anemone eats and purges from the same place. I have read that if you overfeed, you take a chance of the food rotting inside the anemone and thus killing it. So I tend to feed less than more.

Rob
01-05-2007, 01:49 AM
np, were here to catch each other
next time you catch my mistake.. :)

An-Ma
01-05-2007, 07:50 AM
After it got bleached,the clown does not care for it any more. So it is not fed by him. The reason I started to feed it,was because it did not get any food,if I didn`t give it. (and during the hollidays now,my mother has been helping alot. "it needs more food,it is starving" Before she came,it was fed twice a week.....

Rob
01-05-2007, 10:15 AM
once or twice a week is sufficient usually.
make sure you take a listen to the anemone podcast show, as i believe i describe a great way to determine proper feeding amounts in that show

An-Ma
01-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Thank you for all the answers:) I did listen to the anemone podcast,but need to do it again,since i`m taking notes:geef: .....and looking in my dictionary:p

But,don`t they like bright light? One is now living in a cave,and the other is "crawling" for a cave. Away from the light......

iglowce
01-07-2007, 04:37 PM
could be a stressed one BTA

An-Ma
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
It has been very stressed,yes.....

lReef lKeeper
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
they will move to where ever they feel safe until they are recovered, then to another position in the tank that they like. i have noticed while watching the few that i use to have (i fragged them and sold them). after fragging they hid out for about a week then were out traveling the tanks.

Rob
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
yes, they do like bright light, but exactly as bobby stated, they will move to where they are happy.
Amphibious even has one that has been hiding under a rock for months IIRC.

as with anything there are always exceptions to the rule, just let it do what makes it happy.. ;)

An-Ma
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I`m not moving it. I just hope that the one sitting in a cave,will move somewhere else,soon..... It is sitting a bit close to my Stichodactyla Haddoni:eek:

Rob
01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah, if its healthy enough to move it will if it needs to.. ;)