PDA

View Full Version : Hello from C-U

medic29
12-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Good morning. I'm new to this site and thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself to all who visit. I just learned of the site last night from a friend and fellow reefer. My name is Rick and in my "real" job I am a nurse and paramedic, but I wear many hats. I enjoy working on computers and most everything associated with them. Working with my hands is also a joy and I think that is why I like this hobby so much. Needless to say I am very into DIY projects. I've had my reef tank up for almost a year now. During that time I have learned a tremendous amount and have way more knowledge now than I did last year, but I still am learning tons from others experiences. One thing I have noticed with those involved in this hobby as compared to other hobbies, is everyone's willingness to share information; what they have done that worked out well and what they did or didn't do that led to a disaster. For me, I believe that is one of the things that keeps me hooked on the hobby. If I had to search, dig, and fight to gain an answer to a question, I'd probably find something easier to do. But, in my experience if I'm unable to find the question by doing some reading and searching, I can post a question and more than likely someone else has had a similar question and can answer it quickly.

Well, enough of my rambling...I just wanted to say hello and from what I have seen so far I think this site looks great!!

Cheers,
Rick :up:

lcstorc
12-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Good Morning and welcome to TR.
Glad to have you join us.

gwen_o_lyn
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Welcome to TR Rick!

Feel free to start a Tank Thread Journal (http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/member-tank-projects/)and show off your tank.

CarmieJo
12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi Rick and :welcome: to TR.

JustDavidP
01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Welcome...

Do I recognize your Name/User Name from other forums?

Dave

PreauxPhoto
01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Welcome, you'll learn we all like to ramble around here!

medic29
01-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Dave, I've also am on RC.

iglowce
01-17-2007, 04:30 PM
welcome to TR!!!!