PDA

View Full Version : Experience,anyone?

An-Ma
12-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi,
I`ve got two Macropharyngodon Bipartitus bipartitus in my tank. The first one came to me "by supperise",and I had no clue what it was or how to give it a good life with me. After reading about it,I got "a bit" sad,and worried that it would die in my tank:eek:

This is some of what i found about it:
Splendid Leopard Wrasse, Macropharyngodon bipartitus bipartitus, Divided Wrasse, Vermiculate Wrasse (http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/wrasses/SplendidLeopardWrasse.php)

Three days after its arriwal,I saw it again. Swimming and eating very happily:)
So I decided to get another. They look healthy,happy and they eat whatever I feed them. First one I hve had for two months now,second one for three weeks.

Is there anyone with experience with this fantastic fish here?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/an-maant/test3.jpg

Rob
12-27-2006, 05:43 PM
sorry, cant help here, but i know there are some people here that have kept them, lets see who chimes in

CarmieJo
12-27-2006, 11:57 PM
That is a pretty fish but I have never kept one.

Amphibious
12-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Sorry, me neither. You may be the TR authority on these beautiful little guys. Thanks for the pic.

saxman
01-03-2007, 05:28 PM
i've kept a leopard wrasse for years, and had good sucess with her (they're my faves, actually). it's great that yours is taking prepared foods, but they also require a mature reef-type system with lots of LR for them to hunt in. also, they'll eat pyramid worms and red planaria, even small bristle worms...a nice bonus.

they also need a sandy area, as at night, they literally dive head first into the sand. about 8:30-9 PM mine would just disappear in a cloud of sand so quickly, you could miss it if you weren't looking right at her. this brings me to the subject of them sleeping for a day or two every so often...for some reason, they'll just not show up (particularly when full), but they will pop out in a day or two looking great and being themselves.

since you have two specimens, one of them may change to a male (they're sexually dimorphic in terms of coloration).

i never had any trouble with it in terms of aggression or territoriality with the other fish in the tank.

one thing to watch is for stringy feces and/or sunken bellies even tho they've been eating. they're prone to intestinal worms, and new arrivals sometimes need to be wormed with a course of Metronidazol.

HTH, and enjoy the wrasses.

a bit of eye candy:

An-Ma
01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Thank you very much for the info and the beautifull pic:)
Good to know that I am not "alone" with this fish.