PDA

View Full Version : Was Santa Good To You???

gwen_o_lyn
12-26-2006, 12:48 AM
What did ya'll get???

My 72g got 2 Tunze streams 6100's and the controller- yay!!!

The cats got all sorts of fun toys from their Grandma. Oscar was worn out from chasing toys all night long.

Matt wanted a Roomba (http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=122), so we ordered 4 and sent 3 up to NY for his family. My mom ended up getting him one too, so we have 2 Roomba's!!! I shouldn't have to vacuum very much which is great!!! Matt also got a Bose surround sound system, but it doesn't sound like it did in the store. :(

And now we have a huge credit card bill!!! :eek:

CarmieJo
12-26-2006, 03:36 AM
I got the Nikor VR 105 macro lens, iPod speakers and a remote control helicopter! Rick, my husband, got a hi def TV and new home theater speakers. We bought Dominic a new laptop back in Oct so his biggest Christmas gift was another external hard drive. We got Sue a variety of things. Her favorite was a whole season of CSI-Miami.

lcstorc
12-26-2006, 08:15 AM
We got a new skimmer, chiller, and the tank for our new fuge. Plus some cash to spend at the lfs from the family. I also got a digital picture frame so I can look at pics of my tank at work.
It was definitely a reefing Christmas here.

Bernie
12-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Sounds like everyone head-faked Santa into thinking they were nice this year :agree:

He was pretty good to me as well... powered shoe shine kit (i'm a buffing freak), some Vulcan statue stuff (google Birmingham Vulcan) and various DVDs, CDs, roulette stuff, and clothes...

The doggie made out like a bandit though... Christmas morning sugar cookies, kibble with ham gravy for lunch, and a whole bag of stuffed toys and treats from Santa.

lcstorc
12-26-2006, 10:25 AM
I want to be reincarnated as a dog in your house Bernie. Sounds like a very well spoiled animal. :)

Bernie
12-26-2006, 11:34 AM
You know it... I guess there is a little truth in that "spoil the only child" theory... :santawink:

gwen_o_lyn
12-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Carmie- keep me updated on that remote control helicopter!! We tried that back in the fall and our $300 toy was gone within a week. :doh:

lcstorc- those digi pic frames are so neat!!

Thanks to our roombas, I won't have to spend all day tomorrow vacuuming the house!! Matt already had them cleaning the upstairs and downstairs this afternoon. I can't wait until the Roomba that does the dishes and cleans the tank comes out!!

CarmieJo
12-30-2006, 12:54 AM
I can raise the helicopter up and make it hover but I haven't yet gotten the hang of making it go where I want. I love toys!

My friend has a Roomba and loves it. I want one that picks up the stuff and puts it away before it vacuums!

Bernie
12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
did i read somewhere that they now have a roomba that mops? or do i just have a case of wishful thinking?

Raggamuffin
12-30-2006, 12:33 PM
yep they have a mopping roomba :)

Myself I got a gift cert for Drs. F&S which got spent on about a years worth of frozen fishie food, 6 PC lights (4 for my main tank 2 for my fuge), a Hippo clam, a ginormous bright yellow zoo colony (70+ polyps) from my LFS for $15 they must love me or something, a few cd's and dvd's and one of them memory foam pillows....those things are the best!

gwen_o_lyn
12-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Yes the Scooba washes your floors!! Maybe next Christmas??

I guess you haven't crashed yet, huh? You're doing good!!

Scott- you got some good stuff!!

fat walrus
12-31-2006, 01:50 AM
I got the family heirloom fruitcake. :sick:

gwen_o_lyn
12-31-2006, 01:55 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_16_3.gif

fat walrus
12-31-2006, 02:01 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_16_3.gif
You have not idea! This is the most evil of fruitcakes that has cursed our family for years! :wow:

Small Fry
12-31-2006, 03:14 AM
i got a PSP, with a 2-gig memory card to hold my favorite TR podcasts :p, some UMD movies, and a couple games.

other than that i was promised man-power and money to help me finish my tank :yes: and alot of clothes and sweatshirts (which im not happy about :( )

keyozoxmfc
12-31-2006, 06:12 AM
nice stuff everyone!
i got a psp 4 gig card so i can mod it now..shh dont tell...and a memory card for my camera,mostly money, about 60 bucks in itunes gift cards which i spent on games...for those interested in them and you own a ipod..i enjoyed the texas holdem and the pac man and the mini golf a lot:up: i also got some a AE p-coat jacket and a north face "windstopper" and also this one sweater that was i-couldnt-even-get-my-head-in small so i exchanged it. and just to add in..got my dad the lean me fat reducing george foreman grill which is very satisfying. i got my mom these really cool slippers that massage and have a pack that can be microwaved or frozen. and my sister got mocasins...yup that was my fun christmas