PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lcstorc
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Just wanted to say hello as I just joined the community. Amphibious is a member of the local reef club here and suggested I stop by. I have been a frequent contributor to another site so some of you may know me from there.
I have had a SW tank for just a year now but have jumped in with both feet and am having the time of my life.
I have a 125g mixed reef which has a 24g Aquapod seahorse tank next to it and both tanks share a sump etc. This helps me keep the water paramaters better on the overfed seahorse tank.
I also have a 20g qt tank that could have most anything at a give time but is now home to 2 peppermint shrimp and a yellow clown gobie.
The reef has 3 150w 10k mh w/4 96w pc actinic lights and the aquapod is stock lighting since I only keep a few non-photosynthetic and soft corals in there.
For Christmas I am upgrading my skimmer to an AMS g4plus as well as adding a separate refugium and a chiller to the system. If I was a good girl this year my seahorses will also get an upgrade hopefully to a 55g tank.
The showpiece fish in the reef are my Chevron tang, Sailfin tang, Maroon Clown, and Brazilian Flameback Angel. My favorite corals in my reef at the moment are a scrolling hammer and a three head open brain. I have recently tried some sps but I am not having such good luck there. I think the new skimmer will help as well as the manifold system I am going to add someday relatively soon.
I also have 3 clams. 2 Crocea one about 7 inches and one about 4 inches and a baby maxima who is now about and inch and a half.
As you can see there is some serious plumbing in my future. :)
Well sorry to babble so long but tried to get the most important parts in. I plan on starting a tank thread at some point so more info there.
I look forward to chatting with you all.

Peace
Lynn

JustDavidP
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome to our merry, salty, band of fish-heads :)

Dave

CarmieJo
12-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi Lynn,

:welcome: to TR. Sounds like you have a great set-up. Do you have any pix you can post?

Rob
12-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Lynn, :welcome: its good to have you here.. :)

wwest
12-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Welcome to Talkingreef, Glad to have you aboard.

gwen_o_lyn
12-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the site Lynn.
I look forward to seeing pics of your setup.

lcstorc
12-23-2006, 02:06 PM
these don't include the pony tank but are pics of my reef from early Oct. It has changed a lot but the best I have right now. One of my favorite things about this tank is that it can be seen from 3 sides. I have attached a pic from each of the long sides.

Amphibious
12-23-2006, 10:30 PM
http://www.theculturedreef.com/welcome.gif to Talking Reef Community, Lynn.

So glad you stopped by and joined our reefing family.

Sorry it took me this long to reply but my satellite Internet system was down for a week and I had to travel ten miles to the nearest WIFI hot spot to retrieve my e-mails. It wasn't conducive to spending long moments posting on TR.

I'm personally glad you are here, Lynn.

Dick

lcstorc
12-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. As you can see I am posting away. Hopefully I am helping some of the newbies and adding my experience to those who have been around a while.