PDA

View Full Version : How to feed bottom fish?

Timanator
12-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey guys.

I have a Gobie and pistol that I'd like to feed some Mysis shrimp too. But the particles just flows around untill it gets sucked in to the fuge. Should I turn off all flow when I feed this? What about Phyto for the corals?

lReef lKeeper
12-19-2006, 06:36 PM
i use a turkey baster to shoot some food into my gobies hide out. 4 bar gobies hang out in the same cave, and 2 tile gobies live on the other side of the tank. just suck up some food in the baster and aim it at thier front door. they will get it.

as for corals, i feed cyclopeeze at every other fish feeding. it floats around long enough to let everything have something.

saxman
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
another thing that will help is once the mysis is rinsed, let it soak in a bit of tankwater for a few minutes. mysis that has been rinsed/soaked in FW flies all over the place when placed into SW due to the differences in SG.

d-ster
12-19-2006, 08:10 PM
For more control than a turkey baster I have found that a doseing syringe from a farm supply store fitted with a piece of regular air tubing can give you pinpoint accuracy. I can feed my Watchman Gobie one shrimp at a time and know exactly what he's getting, and its more fun!:cool:

George
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I turn off all flow and return pumps when I feed my fish. For coral feedings (cyclopeze and other stuff), I leave the circulation pumps on, but not the sump return pump.

CarmieJo
12-21-2006, 10:20 PM
No matter what/who I am feeding I turn off the return but not the other circulation. Usually my dendronephthya only extends its polyps with everything on so I always save some coral food to dump in once I turn the return back on.