PDA

View Full Version : How nice it is to meet you!!

Meeshell
12-14-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm new. I've had a reef tank for about 2 yrs now, but had no idea about the online community that existed. I am amazed and amused at the same time. I look forward to trying to understand the immense universe of Reef knowledge that I am reading about. Occasionally I will try to put in my two cents.

I am assisting Adelaide at Ocean Pods...business is great! I am learning a great deal about Copepods!! Attempting to practice what I preach by culturing some of my own Pods. Adelaide is definitely the expert, I am amazed by her knowledge on a daily basis. I look at the Copepods in a whole new light.

I love speaking to everyone who calls Ocean Pods and look forward to becoming part of your Talking reef community! Yeeehawww

Michelle

Rob
12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Michelle :welcome:

wow.. you get to work with Adelaide, what a great person, i got to work with her on some shows a while back, what a good experience..

we are glad you found our site here, and hope you enjoy it, feel free to ask or answer questions as appropriate.. :)

JustDavidP
12-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Michelle! Welcome to TR! Glad to have you here!

Dave

CarmieJo
12-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Michelle,

:welcome: to TR. I really have enjoyed the podcast with Adelaide and her posts here. You must have an interesting job!

(PS We were vacationing in Seattle over Thanksgiving. Great aquarium there!)

Reefbaby
12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Welcome to our home Michelle!! We're certainly glad to have you here! Hope you stop in often...:)

Meeshell
12-16-2006, 05:10 PM
They are remodeling the Seattle Aquarium. I haven't seen the inside yet, but am looking forward to checking it out soon! I have a 4 month old baby, so it seems like we have been a little less adventurous. He is starting to notice the world around us, so a trip to see the fishies would be fun. :shout:

We moved and had to move our 90 gallon reef several months ago. :madmad: Everyone survived the move, what an ordeal! Well, we lost one jumping Chromis:cry: .Now the tank is at my husbands office, we were afraid it might fall through the floor of our "new" old house. I miss it and am mulling over trying a nano tank for comfort. Any mini ideas would be fantastic!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Michelle

CarmieJo
12-18-2006, 09:16 PM
We visited the Aquarium Thanksgiving Day. Since the first part of it is open to the air it might not be the ideal place for a newborn these days. Here's my thread on our visit to the aquarium (http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/general-marine-discussions/2921-seattle-aquarium.html). They are still doing renovations but it didn't seem to impact the displays. I don't know what it was like before but we thought it was quite nice.

Amphibious
12-18-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.theculturedreef.com/welcome.gif to Talking Reef Community, Meeshell.

We're happy you are here with us. This is definitely a family atmosphere at TR. Speaking of family that's a mighty good looking little frag you have, congratulations to you and your husband.

When you see Adelaide, tell her Dick Hilgers said hello. We me at the airport after MACNA last September. Both our flights were delayed so we chatted for several hours.

Dick

Meeshell
12-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Nice Pictures Carmie! Yeah I may wait a little while longer before exploring the aquarium with my little guy. I am hoping he loves water and sea-life as much as I do. I started exposing him in utero, snorkeling 7 months pregnant in Hawaii...:fish: Not that he knew!

Thanks Dick..he is pretty cute. I will say hi to Adelaide for you :up:

Michelle

fat walrus
12-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeshell
12-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi Walrus,

You just made me think of one of my favorite fishy mammals.

If you are in Seattle you should check out the Point Defiance Zoo. I go just to see the great Walrus "E.T.". He is 3,500 lbs of love and blubber! I got a nice close up when the keeper was feeding him. He has two new girlfriends, would be great if the breeding works and they have a cute baby Walrus :love!:

I saw a Beaver last time we were there...pretty cool and bigger than I thought they were.:wow:

Pretty cool zoo/aquarium overall!

Michelle