PDA

View Full Version : tank is nearly complete

duke1231
12-01-2006, 09:13 PM
It has been awhile since I have been on this site, not that anyone would know but I have been really up in the air about what I wanted to do , if I wanted to go salt or freshwater tangyikan shelldwellers to be exact. I realized that I am addicted to saltwater. I cant get it out of my mind. When I thought I was going to go freshwater, I would walk into my lfs and have to block my eyes from the saltwater section. Anyway here are a few pics of my new tank setup. I know my overflow box is huge. I look at it this way, more waterflow.

Rob
12-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Awesome and welcome back.. :)
looks like your of to a good start

feel free to start a tank journal thread here
http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/member-tank-projects/

you can go in and document the details and progress as you go :)

duke1231
12-01-2006, 09:47 PM
oh yea cool, will do. I have one concern, that I was wondering if anyone could help me with? There is only roughly 2 in. where my overflow box drains out and the top of my sump. I was wondering if this could be a problem, and should I use flexible tubing or go with pvc? Thanks

Rob
12-01-2006, 09:51 PM
well, flex tubing is great, but unless you can get a custom length it might cause you some issues here, in which case you should probably go with PVC.

if you do use PVC (and thats fine if you do) just make sure you set yourself up so it can be easily and quickly connected and disconnected as needed for maint and cleaning.. :)

duke1231
12-02-2006, 06:17 AM
ok great thanks. My lfs told to bring back the overflow box because they said if I want to go with tubing they have to fit it for me, and they are doing it for free.

Rob
12-02-2006, 01:52 PM
awesome, sounds like a great LFS.. :)