PDA

View Full Version : HLLE update

Cyclura
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
So my clowns have been drowned in melafix for the past two weeks. Nothing has changed, it hasnt gotten better or worse. Is it safe to say that the process has been stopped and wont get any worse and can i stop dosing now?

Rob
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
have you looked at a grounding probe, or do you already have one?

V
11-21-2006, 08:40 AM
gota stress, theres no quick solution here. melafix or worst still copper based medication can slow or stop the condition. Although as stated in another thread. first find the cause, then treat the symptom, then hope like hell it heals over without incident. It can take a couple weeks to notice anything, could take months, maybe not at all, just 2 fish cruising called the pit brothers. This sort of thing is case by case. Just ensure your parameters dont slip, feed them the right food, check the conductivity issues, treat wisely & dont forget your sence of humor cause you could be waiting longer than vassilli to hit the mark.

just a tip in case you missed it, pond strength melafix is more ecconomical for the $. @ least here it is! just need to watch the dosing.

Cyclura
11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
no i havent looked into the grounding probe, but i am making a trip to the LFS tomorrow to take the camel shrimp to it's new home.

My guess is that the HLLE was caused by poor water quality at the store that i got them from. Needless to say i wont be buying from them again. I have stopped the melafix treatment and ive added activated carbon to the filter, the melafix smell has finally gone and now im going to just watch and wait. Hopefully now with my weekly water changes and high quality foods (and maybe a grounding probe since rob is so ademant about it) the condition wont get any worse.

sound ok?

V
11-21-2006, 09:44 PM
sweet, irratation can persist, but it sounds like you've got a handle on things. hopefully u notice it heal over sooner rather than later

CarmieJo
11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
IMO a grounding probe costs about $15 and is great insurance for a tank that can have thousands of dollars of critters in it.