PDA

View Full Version : Another lighting question?

Victoria
11-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok this is driving me nuts:sick: . The ballast was replace last night:up: PC's are back in working order. I did replace the blubs because I did not want to take any chances. I also changed the MH blub with a 14k instead of the 10k I was running.
So there I was early this morning, with coffee in hand, awaiting my MH to come on so I can see the new look:wow: . Then Heard a funny sound Bzzzzzzzzzzz nothing...Bzzzzzzzzz nothing:huh: . THERE NOT WORKING:madmad: . Now my MH are not working... Which leads me to believe ??? Maybe the blub is no good (it brand new) or its not compatible with the ballast? Stuff like this drives me nuts... What do you think it could be??

wwest
11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
MH, All you replaced was the bulb right? didn't mess with the wires or anything?

Ballast, I would check your wires on the ballast. My ballast's on my PC's have the same connector on both sides. However i would not attempt to switch them unless you are sure they are swapped. My says on the ballast which plug is which.

Victoria
11-20-2006, 02:46 PM
All wiring and ballast were not touched. It swiched off at the moment. We will take it a part later tonight, to check blub connection and check it with the other blub to see if its the ballast. I hate stuff like this!

Rob
11-20-2006, 09:37 PM
did you move to a new MH bulb brand? and same wattage?

most SE bulbs are the same so its usually not a big deal, best thing is to talk to the people that sold them to you, if it was a local place, take them the old bulbs and compare them, or post some side by side images, specifically of the arc tube

Victoria
11-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Well it was just a bad blub. I have De blubs. It would fire but not light. My husband thinks there is no gas in the blub. Defective. I will try to return the blub and see what happens. I just put back in the original blub, works just fine.
Rob same wattage 150, different brand. Went to San Jays web sight and they are compatible. I guess you can just get a bad blub..

Rob
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
yes, its probably a bad bulb, with the DE bulbs they should be the same, as in they should be compatible. im not aware of different types of DE bulbs

Victoria
11-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok, I called up Marine Depot to tell them about the blub. They did say they had a policy for return. I bought the blub a few months ago but never put it in. But they worked with me and gave me great service:up: . They are going to pick up the difference in the prorate.:agree: Which makes:clap: me very happy. I recommend Marine Depot to any one. Thanks Robert!

Word to the wise: Always test your blubs when you get them, even if you buy ahead.:fingers:

V
11-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Word to the wise: Always test your words when you get them, even if you post full steam ahead.:fingers:

CarmieJo
11-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok, I called up Marine Depot to tell them about the blub. They did say they had a policy for return. I bought the blub a few months ago but never put it in. But they worked with me and gave me great service:up: . They are going to pick up the difference in the prorate.:agree: Which makes:clap: me very happy. I recommend Marine Depot to any one. Thanks Robert!

Word to the wise: Always test your blubs when you get them, even if you buy ahead.:fingers:

Good for Marine Depot! That is the kind of company I want to patronize.

Testing applies to all kinds of purchases. :) Back in April for my b-day I got a new Toshiba Qosmio laptop. It came with a remote control and IR receiver for the multi media functions but I have never used it. For vacation I thought I would take this with me and so decided to hook it up and try it so I wasn't frustrated with figuring it out on vacation. It turns out that they did not give me the usb to mini cable necessary to connect the receiver to the computer. So I called up Toshiba and they said tough luck. This is probably a $5 retail price cable on a moderatly expensive laptop. Should I have taken the IR unit our of the plastic package and tried it as soon as I got the computer? Sure. But, you'd think that in order to build customer loyalty they would send you out the cable. Too bad that we just bought our son a Toshiba laptop a month ago. Had I known this I would have never have done so. What a difference in customer service from what Victoria experienced.

(Sorry to go off topic on your thread Victoria.)

gwen_o_lyn
11-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear MD got everything fixed. They've always "done me right" too.

And Carmie- you're gonna love that Toshiba laptop. Unless I were to buy a macbook, I would buy nothing other than a Toshiba. I kinda wished my laptop was a Toshiba, but I have no complaints about my Compaq so far. When mom's Dell pooped out after one year (failed motherboard,) I knew we would buy nothing but a Toshiba as a replacement. Sorry you had a bad experience, but if you read the laptop reviews on the internet, you will find that you have a quality laptop that will last for many many years. And no I don't work for Toshiba!!! lol...

CarmieJo
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes they do review well and I am pretty happy with this machine. They just have poor customer service.

SomethingFishy
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi Victoria,

I was just wondering what brand of light fixture you are using and would you recommend it or something better or different type??? ie more watt/ T5 opposed to PC

Thanks everyone