PDA

View Full Version : Rob - Because We Love You!!!

Reefbaby
11-19-2006, 09:03 AM
ROB - The Talking Reef members would like to herewith formally present you with a gift certificate for you to get your tank up and running again. Please fill it with beautiful corals, so that we can all "ooh" and "aah" over the gorgeous pictures that you will post! There is ONE stipulation - you may use the money ONLY for your own personal tank and NOT for any other TR-related costs!

The official sum is $335!!! (we will keep the post open, in case there is more money trickling in over the next few weeks)

Steve, with Coral Dynamics, has helped us to put this fund together. I'd like to personally thank him for his generosity and willingness to help set this up. And to all the other generous Talking Reef members, thanks for caring and pitching in when a friend was in need!!

Amphibious
11-19-2006, 09:18 AM
I just bumped the total to a rounder figure.

V
11-19-2006, 09:58 PM
good on ya ampage. :up: now rob should get a starting base for the new tank at the dynamics store. Thanks again steve, RB, & everyone that offered & contributed to the "holly sh@t its gone" fund!

CoralDynamics
11-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanx to the rounding up by Amphibious (The Cultured Reef (http://www.theculturedreef.com/index.html)) the total stands at 400.00 even!

JustDavidP
11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
$425.00 :)

CoralDynamics
11-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Yup- You are correct sir...

Rob
11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
wow...
yeah, that's about all i know to say..
as i mentioned on the podcast i am so grateful for everyones generosity and willingness to help out.

i would like to thank everyone who has called, emailed or posted there best wishes.
i would also like to thank everyone who has contributed, this has touched me, i dont even have words for it.

im working on getting things ready for restocking. im thinking of ways to get the community involved in the restocking process, but i need to sort the ideas (if you have some, please post in a new thread, not here)

anyway, i going to keep this short...
Thank You All...

Small Fry
11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
I feel really bad that i have no money to speak of ( :( ) becuase i know you would have gotten some of it. Talkingreef is the reason i am where i am today (wherever that is).

Make it a Beauty man, thanks for everything.

Amphibious
11-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Josh,

Don't feel bad. You are young. You will have ample opportunity to help people in the future. It isn't expected that everyone give financially. Your acknowledgment of the help TR has been to you is sufficient. One day you will be able to help someone out financially for this or other reasons. The important concept to remember is, when you have the opportunity to help someone out, do it. It's even better when you can give anonymously and not care about receiving the credit. That's a powerful event and the giver receives benefit in the most unexpected ways.

Rob
11-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Amp says it well..
its not ALL about the financial end here..
you join in and participate and support our community, thats wonderful

make you a deal.. when you get your tank going, and start fragging your own coral, make sure you help others out and share your frags, help better the hobby as a whole.. :) and we can call it even.. ;)

Small Fry
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
make you a deal.. when you get your tank going, and start fragging your own coral, make sure you help others out and share your frags, help better the hobby as a whole.. :) and we can call it even.. ;)

I'll make sure to do that, thanks for the advice guys. Good job tr members *thumbs up*

V
11-21-2006, 05:40 AM
It's even better when you can give anonymously and not care about receiving the credit.

what are you trying to say ampage,i know your not talking about >>>me<<<, cause im always the one voiceing opinions and intentions.
its in my nature & will forever be there! I will never make excuses for it, cause im always the first to react where it counts, & that my friend is what people come to fully respect. Esspecially when the tide turns. No wishy washy painting with that brush for me thanks. http://www.alexander-oberg.de/smileys/Haeh.gif

Reefbaby
11-21-2006, 06:08 AM
i think Dick was talking about "altruism" V, not "insipidness", which you, my friend, would never be described for you! :D:love!: :rotfl:

Amphibious
11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
:rotfl: OH V, I wish you could see and hear my raucous, rolling on the floor laughter. You, my friend, are such a gem!!! A bit rough and unpolished around the edges but, a precious gem none the less!!! How could anyone not love you? Although I will admit your linguistic flavor took some getting used to, :rotfl: once I was able to decipher the Aussie speak, I wait in anticipation of reading your posts. Like the one above, a classic from you, V.

Christi, nailed it when she said,
i think Dick was talking about "altruism" V, not "insipidness", which you, my friend, would never be described for you!

Thanks Christi, and thanks V for waking me up this morning with a hardy laugh.

I love ya, fellow Musketeer!

V
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM
http://www.planetgameboy.de/spiele/muppets_show/muppets_show2.jpg

Just checking! http://www.alexander-oberg.de/smileys/saufbrueder.gif

wow RB,:huh: someones got the dictonary handy. I'll take that as a swayed compliment.

Amphibious
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Yep, there we are, V and Amp in the box seat enjoying a cultural event at the opree house. You can tell us apart, I'm the old distinguished gentleman, V's the younger one. :rotfl:

Reefbaby
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
and I guess I'm the music, huh?
http://www.groveloejer.dk/sangild/images/Bad%20Music.bmp

Amphibious
11-21-2006, 10:07 AM
You are the music RB. Sweet, sweet music. Not bad music.

CoralDynamics
12-06-2006, 06:52 AM
New Total 450.00