PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up on Seahorse Podcast

Lew90
11-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Rob,

If possible in an upcoming show I would like to hear more about seahorses. Podcast #36 was super and well detailed, but I would like to see a follow-up like you suggested at the end of the podcast like i.e. Breeding, disease, and maybe more about natural habitat.

Regards,
Lew90

JustDavidP
11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Lew,

First and foremost, welcome to the most amazingly salty spot on the internet!

I am super stoked that you brought this up. :) I've been putting together notes. I now just need to put together some time. Rob and I will plan something in the very near. It seems as if we have recently attracted some more seahorse fans and experts. Maybe this can be a round table format!?

Thanks again, and welcome to the Talking Reef!

Dave

gwen_o_lyn
11-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the site Lew!

Rob
11-19-2006, 02:21 PM
awesome, i will see what we can put together.. :)

JustDavidP
11-20-2006, 10:40 AM
See if we can drag Renee and Greg into this :) If needed, I'll whip em with a length of caulerpa serrulata!! ;)

D

Seahorsedreams
11-20-2006, 03:53 PM
*enters site chewing on hotdog*
*sees david's post and inhales sharply at the thought*
*chock* *choke* *sputter*
*self heimlichs*
*attaches AED pads*
*zaps*

Are you nuts! I'm a BIG chicken!

JustDavidP
11-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah... and WE ALL were... until we did it once "seahorse".. then I did another, "natural salt water" and another "refugiums" and before you know it, it's like sitting, having a cold drink, and talking with pals...which...by the by...it is!

Gwen swore she'd not do them either... and now we can't get her to stop talking ;) Kidding Gwen.

D

Rob
11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
yes, we should talk offline about doing a round table show, i do like the idea, but will need some help co-ordinating things.

Lew90
11-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I think the round table would be a great idea. Maybe the first half could be more advanced with the second half Q&A. I really think that other listeners would enjoy a Seahorses part II.

I have to say, I've been listening for a long time but only recently joined. And the podcasts are only getting better. I can only imagine the work that goes into a podcast.

Thanks for all the welcome statements

I'm blown away each time I hear a new podcast. I've learned so much by listening; it really shows in my tanks. I can only say keep up the great work.

Thanks Again!

Regards,
Lew90
Lewiston, Idaho

CarmieJo
11-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi Lew90,

:welcome: to TR.

Cyclura
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I'd love to hear another seahorse podcast. Thats been one of the shows that i have listened to over and over again on my ipod. Definitly if i ever decide to get another SW tank, it will be a seahorse/pipefish tank.

Rob
11-25-2006, 11:01 PM
we have some things in the works, hopefully e get something out soon.. :)

saxman
12-05-2006, 07:06 PM
See if we can drag Renee and Greg into this :) If needed, I'll whip em with a length of caulerpa serrulata!! ;)

D

what happened to Batman and Robin???

JustDavidP
12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
what happened to Batman and Robin???

Um... forget about Batman and Robin.. YOU and Renee are the "Dynamic Duo" and are the guest speakers this time around!

Do us a favor though.. lose the blue tights :)

D

Seahorsedreams
12-06-2006, 08:57 PM
David, is the topic breeding or disease? Most peeps call us Grenee. :-)

JustDavidP
12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Renee..

Check email (soon) I've put together a quick outline. Basically, we want to go in a "logical progressive" order in the shows. This one will be right up yer ally :)

Dave