PDA

View Full Version : *waving from Torrance*

saxman
11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
just wanted to weigh-in and say "heyas" to everyone.

JustDavidP and Seahorsedreams are responsible for my presence here, so blame them! :)

i've been into SW for about 16 years, and Renee (seahorsedreams) and i currently have 11 tanx up and running (i think that's an accurate count). we love reefing, but we also keep several species tanx, which include seahorses, lionfish, mantis shrimp...even a couple of "pest" buckets.

i'm a moderator on the seahorse.org and clamsdirect forums, and i love DIY.

oh yeah...i DO really play the sax.

JustDavidP
11-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I take no responsibility for the bloke! Renee will have to absorb that burden ;)

Anyway... Again, I've known Greg and Renee for some time now and in my "quest" to make this site a better place to live, I nudged them on to get here.

I'm sure that the both of you will agree.. that is is one of the most information packed, amicable, and unique "reef sites" out here. The community is just awesome. The podcast, unmatched and the desire to evolve keeps us excited about the project as a whole.

I know I don't have to beg Renee to contribute (dood..does she talk that much at home? - Kidding SHD) but I would like you to share some experiences and knowledge along the way.. dealio? I have the both of you on my list of "gurus" who helped me become a better marine keeper. Now.. share that with my family here! :)

Dave

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 01:40 PM
and i currently have 11 tanx up and running (i think that's an accurate count).

Here's what we actually have on the go...

60 gallon temp home for the reef..... 100 gallon is being plumbed this weekend.

24 gallon O. scyllarus tank ... moving to a divided 40 gallon custom tank to hold 2 mantis'... just siliconed the sump.

10 gallon uncycled H. erectus tank (hopefully will be going to a friend really soon.)

10 gallon uncycled H. Reidi tank.... 50 gallon pent is being worked on.

10 gallon H. erectus Juvie tank of babies I raised. They are 30+ weeks now... going to a 17 gallon tall.

10 gallon Volitan tank. Got him really small. He's going to a 24 gallon cube that is cycling until he grows up some more.

5 gallon G. chiragra..... moving to the other side of the divided Mantis tank.

3 gallon Pico tank with a rock with yellow polyps and the smallest little Mantis (G. platysoma) living in it. He is SO cute!

12 gallon Fuzzy Lion Dwarf Cube.

Then the various pest containers hold this really cool coral eating nudi and a sundial snail and then the HUGE gorilla crab we found in the move. I keep meaning to take some pictures of him.... maybe I'll do that today.

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I know I don't have to beg Renee to contribute (dood..does she talk that much at home? - Kidding SHD) but I would like you to share some experiences and knowledge along the way.. dealio?

This from the man who writes War and Peace everyday. ;)

I'm sure that the both of you will agree.. that is is one of the most information packed, amicable, and unique "reef sites" out here. The community is just awesome. The podcast, unmatched and the desire to evolve keeps us excited about the project as a whole.

I can already feel the love! I haven't actually listened to the podcast yet.... looking for those speaker cables. Forums are an important part of Greg's and my life.... it's how we met a few years back. But we really like to get into it and have been very happy on the Org.... but sometimes ya gotta have reef, ya know. I can tell peeps are already talking above my head over here so I have lots to learn :-)

Oh wait... this was Greg's intro wasn't it! Just like a women.....

JustDavidP
11-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Dooooh :wow: Hey... I resemble that remark!

Let me ask you... you must both go CRAZY topping off such smallish systems each day.. is it a problem?

Dave

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 01:58 PM
It's weird that you just said that.... I just placed some top off buckets on the tanks... water change day tomorrow. We usually have a hopper of RO/DI water and use float switches. We haven't set it back up since the October move. I'm super careful with the Mantis tanks but I have to admit sometimes the salinity is higher in the tanks than I would like. But I start with a 1.023 so it's okay if it does climb a little. The numbers we have at the moment... especially the numbers that are uncycled, is crazy.

JustDavidP
11-17-2006, 02:03 PM
In your climate... I'd be afraid of having to top off so often, that I'd pass myself on the way back to the RO/DI...

D

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 02:34 PM
..... Lol!

V
11-17-2006, 04:24 PM
wecome your two. nice to have a bit of lively chat...*rubs his hand together* "new blood is always welcome"
wow, i haven't been to an org in years. lost my watch last tiime..lol (mental note, dont take Breitling to a :huh:casio party)

11 tanks, thats definately for the committed, kinda sounds like blubbers house.it is good seeing people taking the passion to new heights.
hope you enjoy poking around on the site in future, cause christmas the silly season is coming, & thats when im at my best. nothing like spiking the TR punchbowl & egg_nog!:cool:

saxman
11-17-2006, 04:34 PM
nothing like spiking the TR punchbowl & egg_nog!:cool:

my kinda people!!! :up:

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
nice to have a bit of lively chat

I know I don't have to beg Renee to contribute (dood..does she talk that much at home? - Kidding SHD)

Heeeeeeeey. What are y'all trying to say.

I'm like a dither fish.

JustDavidP
11-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Nobody said anything about ditzy fish :P

V
11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.worldcichlids.com/Adam/complaintdept.jpg

V
11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
and your new pic.......http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/uploads/av-369.jpg

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 05:02 PM
LOL.... y'all are so MEAN!

saxman
11-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Nobody said anything about ditzy fish :P

she IS blonde, ya know...

i'd better be careful or it's gonna be a LOOOOOOONG weekend...:D

Seahorsedreams
11-17-2006, 06:22 PM
*cough*War & Peace (http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/show-us-your/2800-new-clams-tank-pic.html#post36538)*cough*

CarmieJo
11-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi Greg,

We will also sign you up for the TR band!