PDA

View Full Version : Coral Lighting and Placement

arpee79
09-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Well Rob I just wanted to say that I think your doing a great job on the podcast's and keep up the great work hope you get alot more Q&A's for the show.

Heres a couple Questions

1) What Color lighting is best for Coral Soft,LPS and SPS.
2) I know you talked about water movement on your show ,but I dont think you mentioned if direct or indirect water movement is best for the diffrent corals.

Im on episode 5 so if you already covered this please disregard and Thank you for all the info on your show.

Rob
09-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks Robert,
i have moved this post cause it more of a new question.

Coral lighting and placement is a very broad topic, and can range from one extreme to another.
i can cover this ina general way if you wish, but if you are looking for more specifc, i would recommend you provide me with the types of coral you are thinking of (or are) keeping. it can range from STONG loight to no light, from very stong current to very little current.

i just want to make sure you get the best answers to your questions.

arpee79
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the Quick replyRob

Well this is my set up I've been in this hobby for just about 1 1/2 years
and this is what I have Current Tanks: 60G Reef 120-140lbs LR /2 SB,2 PC 55W,2 VHO A/W,2 175w MH 14kHamilton,30G Sump ,ASM G3 Modded Skimmer,U.V18",West Cast Aquatics Chiller,Ranco Chiller /Heater Controller,2 150w Titanium Heaters,OM squirt w/LittleGiant 1080Ghp pump closed Loop,K2R Calcium reactor.

My Livestock pretty much consist of some SPS acropora montipora Digi stagshorns but mostly acropora and a few LPS and just trying to keep the more difficult hard corals.

Thanks in advance Robert P.[/img]

arpee79
09-16-2005, 12:06 AM
listened to Episode 9 just now and I wanted to thank you (Rob) for the Answers ,I really was wondering if I needed to change my lighting and water currents setup. Thanks again

Robert.

Rob
09-16-2005, 01:38 AM
you are welcome, im glad i answered your questions, if you are looking for any further information, please just let me know