PDA

View Full Version : Coral and Lighting, recycling water.

wildeone
11-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Just a question about my frag setup. I have zoas and pocillapora (sp) in there, along with a few leathers and GSP. I setup several different levels of crate so I can put different corals at different levels.

Does more light mean more growth?

Can you actually give a coral too much (I assume so)?

Lastly, how high should my MH be from the top of my water?

Another question that may be a dumb one, but its the way my mind thinks...

Is there any benefit to me pulling water from my display ans putting it in my frag along with changeout water? Meaning is there anything that may be in my display due to the diverse life in there that would be a benefit to my frag tank?

Rob
11-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Just a question about my frag setup. I have zoas and pocillapora (sp) in there, along with a few leathers and GSP. I setup several different levels of crate so I can put different corals at different levels.

Does more light mean more growth?
in some yes, in others it can inhibit growth, it really depends on the species, and you having such a range, from GSP to pocillipora, im not sure you can please both 100%

Can you actually give a coral too much (I assume so)?
absolutely all corals have an upper limit, just some are higher than others

Lastly, how high should my MH be from the top of my water?
again, no hard limit here as it depends on the intesity of the light you are trying to get in there, but i would go with at least 6-8 inches

Another question that may be a dumb one, but its the way my mind thinks...

Is there any benefit to me pulling water from my display ans putting it in my frag along with changeout water? Meaning is there anything that may be in my display due to the diverse life in there that would be a benefit to my frag tank?
i would say as long as your water is very dirty its would be fine, the thing is that you want to keep the water in both systems as similar as possible, so this method can help