PDA

View Full Version : Angels & Butterflies

Jimm
02-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I've read that Angelfish and Butterflyfish need to be fed 2-3 times a day and that they need special foods (That includes sponge material, etc). I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with them and if what I read was true. I only feed every other day to keep the cyanobacteria and hair algae under control. I'd like to get a Coral Beauty, a Flame Angel, or a Cherub but if it's going to make keeping the tank free of nuisance algae a problem then I might not want to.

gwen_o_lyn
02-05-2006, 12:27 AM
I think I found you on that other reef board :mrgreen:

Rob
02-05-2006, 12:40 AM
i have not personally kept them, mainly because they are commonly not considered reef safe (i know some people keep them with no problems, but i dont chance it)

generally speaking a lot of people say that feeding small amount multiple times a day is recommended, but since i have not kept them, i will refrain from further comment, and let others who have kept them voice there opinions

DeviousDude
02-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Jimm, I was just at my LFS last night he had some great Angels, he told me the exact same thing you posted. I have never owned one either btw.

Jimm
02-05-2006, 07:38 PM
A lot of the local reefers in my area keep coral beauties with no problems. I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule.

Rob
02-05-2006, 07:58 PM
yea, the flame angel, and coral beauty are exceptions i believe.
most people i know feed them as they do normal fish