PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Vending Machine

fat walrus
10-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Ever bought a lobster from a vending machine?

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/09/24/japanese_lobstervend.html

CarmieJo
10-25-2006, 11:17 PM
This is cool, unique, interesting, yummy ect. But I have a question, if it is the vending machine in the highest demand whay does he have a hotmail address?

JeffDubya
10-26-2006, 04:03 AM
'cause he's a gadget genius and an internet moron? :D

JustDavidP
10-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I sometimes get lobster in a "Gaming" fashion!! We used to dive down and take them from the traps. It is a challenging game... getting out of there before you get shot at :)

D

Bernie
10-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I saw an article on the version of that machine called "Lobster Zone" apparently it was set up in seafood places, and if you caught a lobster the restaurant would cook it for free... I found the supplier here in Atlanta, but they couldn't tell me where a single machine was set up... :cry:

fat walrus
10-26-2006, 10:58 PM
I saw an article on the version of that machine called "Lobster Zone" apparently it was set up in seafood places, and if you caught a lobster the restaurant would cook it for free... I found the supplier here in Atlanta, but they couldn't tell me where a single machine was set up... :cry:
There was one of these machines in a local favorite seafood resturant in my city. It was tucked into a residential neighborhood and hardly anyone even knew of it's existence. The resturant was attacked during business hours by a vegan activist group. It got on the news and gave the resturant more publicity than it ever dreamed off. Now there is a waiting list just to make a reservation, where as the resturant never even took reservations before because it never even came close to being filled to capacity. The resturant now sells more than 20x the lobsters it did before, so I'm sure that protesters feel really stupid now.

CarmieJo
10-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Just wasn't what they had in mind, huh?

fat walrus
10-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Just wasn't what they had in mind, huh?
Sometimes the protestors are more intent on protesting instead of learning what is at stake.

A few years ago, there was an international AIDs research conference in San Francisco. An activist group named ACT-UP decided to protest by disrupting traffic so that "their message would be seen". These brainias overlooked the part where they prevented the most important people in aids research to meet each other and exchange ideas.

And then there was egging. One of their tactics was to corner someone and pelt him/her with eggs. Whole uncooked eggs in shell. One victim that was cornered and pulverized with these eggs was a French scientist who donated his entire inherited fortune to AIDS research, gave up a high-paying job to dedicate his life to combat this disease.

I wonder at times if protestors know what they are protesting against.

CarmieJo
10-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Methinks the protesters doth protest too much.

fat walrus
10-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Hehe. You thinK?

V
10-28-2006, 08:00 PM
guzer movie (http://www.guzer.com/videos/autistic_player.php)

i liked this movie!

CarmieJo
10-28-2006, 08:38 PM
V, that was a great clip!

Stevej72
10-28-2006, 09:05 PM
V That was a huge story here in New England. It's nice to see it hasen't gone away

m8298
10-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree, that was an awesome clip, V.

JustDavidP
10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
And then there was egging..... One victim that was cornered and pulverized with these eggs was a French scientist who donated his entire inherited fortune to AIDS research, gave up a high-paying job to dedicate his life to combat this disease

Dooooh!! :wow: Imagine if he were allergic to eggs and went into anaphylactic shock!!!

D

Raggamuffin
11-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Ever wonder why the fur hater folks NEVER go to Sturgis and cry about all that leather being worn???

Bernie
11-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm going to Sturgis this year to protest all the old biker gals in thongs... the young ones, or the old ones with hot bodies, i'm cool with those... :wow:

CarmieJo
11-02-2006, 11:53 PM
You guys are nuts!

My buddy went to Sturgis. He said it was great.