PDA

View Full Version : Hunter and Mommy

JustDavidP
10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Here's a picture, taken this week of baby Hunter during his/her (not sure yet;) ) introduction to "mommy". Hunter is a Ponyboy X Seabiscuit fry who stole my heart from his/her first day in the kreisel system. Hunter was the strongest, most active, and inquisitive of the brood. After giving, selling (paid for my trip to Cooperstown - Baseball Hall of Fame), and losing Hunters brothers and sisters, I decided to keep him/her for myself....well...at least for now.

Mommy is ALWAYS nearby and has even taken baby by the tail and pulled him/her away from possible dangers like the overflow, and larger hermit crabs. It should be fun to watch the babe in the corral with family.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/JustDavidP/HunternMom.jpg
Dave

Rob
10-13-2006, 01:41 PM
great pic dave, thanks for sharing..
man if i only had the time, i would love to breed them..

JustDavidP
10-13-2006, 03:04 PM
And I'd breed various clownfish... how funny!

D

Rob
10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
im still working on the "various" part.. there are a few more kinds i want to start but oh well, all in time..

Reefbaby
10-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Great shot (and story too) Dave!! He's so cute! So..how old is he in this pic? At what age do they start changing color? Are they always born all black?

gwen_o_lyn
10-13-2006, 05:48 PM
They are sooo cute Dave!

CarmieJo
10-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Hunter sure is a cute little pony!

JayBeDriften
10-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Beautiful photograph.

JustDavidP
10-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Reidi Fry are born in various shades from black, through grey, browns and even some clear to yellow. Typically, before they reach 8 weeks, they all go "black". They stay dark in color for some time. Typically, when you put them into a display, with colorful decor, and good foods (high in HUFAs etc) they begin to color up.

Hunter is actually Hunter the 2nd :) I had another fish I named Hunter from a brood more than a year ago. He/she lives in a display in Framingham, MA now. This lil babe is 2 and 1/2 inches long and is just 4 months old. He/she is actually smallish for the age, but you can tell looking that it was not well fed. He/she took some time to switch over to frozen foods.

D