PDA

View Full Version : Mixing mushrooms and zoos?

shooter1
10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Hi...just found this site...

I was wondering there were any mushrooms that are not ok to mix with zoanthids?

I haven't gotten any mushrooms before..but saw some online that I liked the color of..and thought I'd order them... but I wanted to make sure they wouldn't interfere with the small zoanthid colonies I have?

I had tried some star polyps..and they started growing on everything..and had to pick them out...

Thanks for any info.

Raggamuffin
10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't know of any but that doesn't mean that there are none :) mine do fine together even with some stars thrown in. I tend to strand zoo's and stars on their own little rocks off from the others, helps me control both of them and makes fragging easy.... you just let them do it themselves!

Stevej72
10-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Shooter Welcome to TR

My Mushrooms and Zooanthus do fine together. Keep in mind that while some Zooanthus can be slow growing Most will spread like weeds which is fine if thats what you want. And as for mixing different colors on the same pice of LR. IME in the end one color will overtake the other

Amphibious
10-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi...just found this site...

I was wondering there were any mushrooms that are not ok to mix with zoanthids?

I haven't gotten any mushrooms before..but saw some online that I liked the color of..and thought I'd order them... but I wanted to make sure they wouldn't interfere with the small zoanthid colonies I have?

I had tried some star polyps..and they started growing on everything..and had to pick them out...

Thanks for any info.http://www.theculturedreef.com/welcome.gif
to Talking Reef Community and Podcast, shooter!

I've had no issues mixing zoos and shrooms.

CarmieJo
10-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi Shooter,

:welcome: to TR. You've found the best site on the web!

(BTW, I concur, with the advice.)