PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

BIRDMANINC
09-19-2006, 11:15 PM
In The Past 4 Days I Have Hade 4 Fish Disapear With Out A Trace. Two Small Clowns, Clown Goby,6 Line Wrass. All Ihave In The Tank Is A Big Cleaner Shrimp,regal Tang, Yellow Tang.and Various Coral, Nothing Has Been Added Since Mid Aug. Any Ideas?

JustDavidP
09-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Hmmmm... if it were just the goby and wrasse, I'd have said you have jumpers. Is your system covered well? Any chance they decided to check out the new carpeting in the family room?

If no, plan B... do you see any areas within the reef where there is an unusual amount of debris/detritus/LR dust piled up? Any holes in the live rock larger than the circumference of your finger that seem to have "fresh excavation" in and around the hole?

The reason I ask is that you may have a crab, mantis shrimp, or other nasty critter in the system that is hunting your fish. What about brittle stars - not silky smooth serpents, but the big ol' green brittles...they have been known to trap and kill fish too.

Finally, take a powerhead and use it as a leave blower, pushing water in, around, and under your rocks. You may have lil' corpses that have merely floated under and hidden from you.

Check your water parameters, look for any of the tell tale signs of an unwanted hitch hiker and report back.

BIRDMANINC
09-20-2006, 03:36 PM
thanx ill try that and see what i find.