PDA

View Full Version : Flow suggestions?

Polarisrider
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Rob, I have listened to about half your shows so far. I think that it is great that you are spending so much time to put these shows together to help beginners and advanced hobbyists. Anyway I had a question, I’m setting up a new 125 gallon to replace my 50 gallon. The 50 right now is all sps and the 125 (72x18x20) will be sps dominated. Am trying to get suggestions on the way the flow should be set-up. I was planning on putting in 2 Tunze 6100 streams on a controller or use a closed loop using a gen-x pump with 2 sea swirls coming back in? The return pump will be round 1200gph. Am looking for a lot flow as you can probably tell. Do you think a combination of both would be the best set-up or something completely different? Thanks a lot! Dan

Rob
01-17-2006, 11:13 PM
yes, a combinations would be great...
the more current the better.
the best thing is to get alternating current... try to et it so the coral polyps wave back and forth.

ans keep in mind that you will probably go through a cycle when setting up that new tank, even if you transplant everything from the 50 to the 125... so make sure you plan accordingly

gwen_o_lyn
01-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Welcome to TR Dan!!

Polarisrider
01-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks Rob, Thanks Gwen