PDA

View Full Version : Does Purple Up Have a Seal Inquiry.

JayBeDriften
08-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Hello everyone, I purchased another bottle of purple up from a local pet store a couple of days ago but have been a bit hesitant in using it within my aquarium because after unscrewing the cap the bottle did not have a seal. I cannot remember from a previous purchase if their was a safety seal on the bottle? Does anyone remember after unscrewing the cap if they had to remove a safety seal from this bottle? I just don't want to us something that someone else might has used and just replaced with water... especially not RO/DI water. :(

V
08-10-2006, 12:56 AM
no idea, dont use it, but i would ask the lfs or manufactorer

Danamck
08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
I'd go back to the LFS and have them open another bottle on the shelf. That should answer your question.

wwest
08-10-2006, 08:45 AM
HUM, i cant remember. something makes me think that it wasnt seal. but i could be wrong. actually i really dont think it was sealed.

not that im saying i would use it, but i would go back to the store and see if others are sealed..

Amphibious
08-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Never used it because it's a waste of money. We've been through this discussion elsewhere. Coraline grows on it's own. Purple up is a product to enrich the already rich, IMHO!!! The old wise saying in saltwater speak is If you can't measure for it, don't add it.

You guys know I'm very opinionated as to what you should add or not add to marine aquariums. Would you expect anything less from me??? :rotfl:

JayBeDriften
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Well here is the answer to the question. Yes Purple Up has a seal. I took a little trip down to the pet store and opened about 3 bottles that did not have a seal and 1 bottle that did so obviously people have been using it, filling with water and returning it. How nice to know!

wwest
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
not trying to say anything bad but did you look inside of the lid for the seal? :)

JayBeDriften
08-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Yup on all three bottles they had only one had thhe seal.

CarmieJo
08-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Now that is just plain terrible!

JR Aquatics
08-10-2006, 09:50 PM
It's a shame people would do such a thing and shame on the LFS for not checking it when being returned/placed back on the shelf. I have to agree with Amphibious the stuff is a waste of money, keep your perimeters were they need to be and it will grow on its own, all the stuff does is add excesive unknown elements in your tank. IMOO