PDA

View Full Version : How-To Forum

wwest
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Over the weekend i added sand to my tank so i would have a deap sand bed, however i was going to post it somewhere on how i did it and how clean it was. Now i know alot of this is comman since to alot of people but in the same sence it could be unknown to alot of people.

What does everyone think about having a How-To listing that people could search if they ever had a question about ways to do stuff. i know the podcasts pretty much covers alot of stuff but i think it would be cool to see the creative ideas people use.

I was also thinking that if someone was to try something they read in the how-to's and it crashed there tank or maybe "physicaly" crashed the tank, so to cover all of our hind ends there could be a sticky saying something to the fact of all the threads in this section is souly for the purpose of suggestions and should be performed at your own risk. or something like that.

What does everyone think?

CarmieJo
08-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Good idea. I wish I would have found a how to on the plastic bag trick before I created a sandstorm that lasted 2 weeks!

Rob
08-10-2006, 12:17 AM
this is a good idea...
we do have a searchable FAQ section (http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/faq.php?)
i put out an offer a few months back for anyone that wants to volunteer info for that.

and will do the same here.

we can populate that with any type of FAQ/How-to that we want.

we just need to take some time to get the info together and get it entered into the FAQ manager...

call for volunteers??? lol

wwest
08-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Ill help. what do we do just email you the info?

Rob
08-10-2006, 06:54 PM
what we will need to do, is gather info from members, then validate as needed..

once we get a list of stuff we will start adding it to the FAQ manager ( i will grant access to someone to carry out this task.)