PDA

View Full Version : 5 things we don't know about you

gwen_o_lyn
08-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Tell us 5 things we don't know about you

1. I weighed 11lbs 14.5 oz when I was born. Did u wonder why I was an only child?

2. I have never been "upside down," but I have been to Japan.

3. I have 3 cats: we just adopted Miles a few days ago. :)

4. I am the only grandchild on one side of the family

5. I performed in the opening and closing ceremonies of the '96 Olympic games in Atlanta (played trumpet)

fat walrus
08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
1. i was not as heavy as gwen when i was born, but i may have caught up.

2. i have never been upside down, and has never been to Japan....where i'm sure i will be treated as a sumo god.

3. i am allergic to cats, but has rescued one on the way to the pound.

4. i am only one of countless grandchilden.

5. i played cello in my school orchestra that recorded a six hour radio show for the winter holidays.

gwen_o_lyn
08-03-2006, 10:27 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Very funny!!

Small Fry
08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
1. Have three dogs and hate cats (alergic, plus they think they're all that, drives me nutz ;p)

2.Like The previous two i have a background in music. Like my older brother i play trumpet in the windsor optimist youth band (won three of four top prizes at the calgary stampede)

3. am sixteen

4. Am way too poor for this hobby :s

5. Travel out of windsor an average of 15 hours a week

wwest
08-04-2006, 08:59 AM
1. I drive a 1991 Acura Legend

2. I was born in L.A. California

3. I have been to every state in the U.S. including alaska

4. I dont like Chocolate

5. I talk in my sleep..

V
08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
1) i used to be able to wash clothes on my stomach it was that defined, now i could reach for another beer without spilling a single chip out of that bowl nesting budda style!

2)i bought more fish as a comprimise for not getting a new dog> &after all that, i still want that rotti pup to join the zoo i call home!

3) id love to fill the caves that bin lardens hidding in with fast set expanding foam & call it a day!

4) i could with little trouble pass as a labcoat but cant spell exponecially for the life of me

5) i join the other 10 million aussies in the major slander session of our patriotic views untill someone non aussie joins the slander!

kj_yoda
08-04-2006, 11:02 AM
1.) Like man of you above, I was a band geek in high school! I was a drummer in the marching and concert bands until my senior year in high school.

2.) I swam competitively for a total of 22 years, coached for a total of 10, now SWIM is a 4 letter word, like POOL in my vocabulary.

3.) I haven't been to Japan, but have been to Italy and Hawaii, each twice.

4.) I have a Jack Russell Terrior and my wife has a Beagle. The smartest and dumbest dogs on the planet!

5.) I am scared of sharks...when I was 12, I hyperventilated in the open ocean and basically walked on water back to the boat. Now, I SCUBA dive to get over this fear, but haven't seen a shark in the ocean...YET!

JustDavidP
08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I was in a rock band in High School called "Tap Grandma" (funny story, has to do with Sociology Class and the Messai Warrior, Nomadic Tribe)

I am addicted to coaching baseball and helping kids grow into good citizens.

I have a job that I can't talk much about, or I'd have to kill ya ;)

I battle often with my love for aquaria -vs- my love for sport fishing.

I grew up in the "music industry" and have met people/acts like Aerosmith, The Cars, Three Dog Night, Sony and Cher, the guys from Sha Na Na etc.

D

V
08-04-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah i hear ya on the conflict of interest of fishing!

Raggamuffin
08-04-2006, 06:30 PM
ummmmmm

1. I'm a 6'2" redhead with hair down to my butt :)
2. I have more tattoos then fingers and toes
3. At one point in time I had 36 dogs (I lived in Alaska, they are better then a 4x4)
4. I build firetrucks the ULTIMATE super soakers
5. I have 2 rug rats :) both boys!

Astrivian
08-04-2006, 07:00 PM
1. My father was a classical and jazz composer who worked for the Federal Government (he put together the national Do Not Call List).

2. I grew up in Alexandria, VA (just across the river from D.C.) so watching politics is like swimming to kj :)

3. My wife makes far more money than i do.

4. I wasn't part of the marching band per se, but i did spin a rifle and saber in my younger years as part of winterguard.

5. I hate fish (eating them i mean :P ), except for a few, but i love catching them for other people to eat.

Bernie
08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
1. I'm the only son of an only son. Which means this branch of the Tombrello tree stops right here... unless I get to baby-making soon.

2. I moved to Atlanta from Birmingham because they took down the statue of Vulcan. That was the thing that made me realize "you can never go home again."

3. Before saltwater tanks, I had a veiled chameleon. Mean critter she was, and her crickets got all over the house.

4. I have no musical ability, but almost all the women I have dated have has some sort of musical ability.

Bernie
08-04-2006, 11:49 PM
5. I hate to follow directions...

wwest
08-05-2006, 02:00 AM
4. I have no musical ability, but almost all the women I have dated have has some sort of musical ability.

uuuummmmmmmm there are SSSSOOOOOOOO many ways to take that lol LMAO :)

CarmieJo
08-05-2006, 10:21 AM
1. In high school I played the flute in concert band and piccolo in marching band. Now I play the flute at church and sometimes with other groups. I also play the mandolin and guitar.

2. I HATE drunk drivers.

3. We have one son. He's 18 and a sophomore in college. We just picked up our 5th high school exchange daughter/son. This year we are parents to a 15 year old girl from Korea.

4. I hate to read the directions (but love to read books)!

5. I don't watch TV except for Ohio State football games. Go Bucks!

What is it about this hobby and playing music?

Amphibious
08-05-2006, 10:34 AM
What is it about this hobby and playing music?Rhythm of the reef?

V
08-05-2006, 11:24 AM
i believe it looks like an american thing mainly! back in the school days

JeffDubya
08-05-2006, 01:02 PM
1. You don't really know ANYTHING about me, I only started posting here this week.

2. "JeffDubya" doesn't have anything to do with politics. Even though I am one of "those" who supports "him" - I have had "Dubya" floating around as a nickname since high school - I graduated in 1987.

3. I kept reef tanks for about two years when I was in college. I usually don't mention that because things have changed so much since then that I feel like I am learning things all over. I gave it up because of the continual moving.

4. I wish I had a sump, and a fuge, and a skimmer. I spend a lot of time trying to figure all of this out for my 30 gallon tank.

5. LFS employees who know less than I do really tend to piss me off. In my area, that's most of them. This means they are pairing fish in tanks that shouldn't be paired, recommending equipment that shouldn't be sold, and killing animals that shouldn't be killed.

6. (BONUS) I'm no greenie, but I am very sentimental about my animals and life in general. Stuff in a tank dies from time to time, I am aware of this and actually ok with it. But killing stuff needlessly tends to bug me. If I kill something, and it was because I did something stupid that could have been avoided, expect me to mope for a few days.

Danamck
08-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Here goes ...

1. I have had some kind of fish tank at ALL times in my life since I was 16 (thank you to my uncle for getting me started). If I do my math correctly, that works out to 26 years and counting.

2. I own 3000+ DVDs and 2500+ CDs. I love movies and music as much as I love fish and reefkeeping.

3. My grandmother was dying and the doctors told my family she would not make it through the night. I live on the west coast, and they live on the east coast. I hopped on the next flight to Maine, expecting to attend her funeral. Upon landing, I learned that my grandmother was not only alive, but in great spirits. I spent 30 magical minutes with her in IC, sharing memories and laughing, before being kicked out so she could rest. She died a few hours later. My family believes she held out to see me one last time. I just thank God I was given those 30 minutes.

4. My favorite fish is the Morroish Idol. I had one for several years, until one day I found him being eaten alive by a small (1/30th his size) hermit crab. The Moorish Idol died a week later, the hermit crab was less fortunate. My second favorite fish is the Golden Butterfly, of which I have two.

5. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world - I have a wonderful wife and son who not only understand my obsession with fish and reef keeping, but share in this passion as well. We each have our own tanks, though I handle the majority of care and feeding on all of them. It's the least I can do ...

Small Fry
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I'LL also do a bonus

I have had some sort of tank since i was 1 +1/2 years old, and have been aware of them since i was 3. Until i was 13 i had a 100 gallon planted freshie tank next to my bed i sold that to my uncle, got a 35 gallon freshie in wall for my basement, and started researching to get into SW :D

Danamck
08-09-2006, 08:02 PM
OK Small Fry - you win!

jokeloma
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Just want to get in to the fun, hope it's not to late
1.I have always been just average.
2.twice married 2 children from 2nd, still married happilly
3.finally found a hobby the wife enjoys, so I get to spend some(little) money on it.
4.I am a professional burger flipper, we own a small drive in
5.my tank is 75gallon with a 250gallon sump/refugium
John

rmulet
08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
1. Have a 2 year old. (Which I love soooo much!!!!)
2. My job entails handling bras and panties.
3. I was really afraid on 9/11. I live in Brooklyn, NY.
4. My other hobby, (that is on hold for now) Scale Modeling.
5. Looking to buy a house by next year. (need room for a larger tank! :))

wwest
08-09-2006, 11:15 PM
I would also like to add. for about two years after i finished highschool i worked as a Employee Evaluater. basicly company's hired us to evaluate there employee's with possible termination. I really hated that job and try not to think about it but it was really good money and it gave me good work ethic. not alot of people know what i did. and before this day one person was aware of it.. not even my parents knew..

CarmieJo
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Wesley, I didn't even know that there were jobs like that. It must have been really stressful.

Small Fry
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM
OK Small Fry - you win!

welll of course lol

wwest
08-09-2006, 11:43 PM
it wasnt to bad. the thing that got to me the most was how people didnt really care about there job, drinking on the job and doing drugs. also it was a cinci based company.. there wasnt that many of us i think maybe 20 something.. it was for smaller companies that had problems with there managers. we didnt ever deal with anyone under a manager..

Koby!
08-09-2006, 11:55 PM
1. i am half Japanese. <dont look it at all>
2. my name, Kenji, in japanese means healthy boy or second son(but i am the first and only son! lol)
3. i played the piano for 3 yrs.... in my 8th grade talent show i played vanessa carltons a thousand miles and my sisters sang it!
4. i had noooo idea wat i was getting into when i got into this hobby but i love it
5. i have 3 dogs- 1 golden retriever "buster"...way old! i swear he has 9 lives. we thought he was gonna check out bout 5 times now! :'( -1 shih tzu "shanny" lives on his "throne", a stack of pillows in the living room. -1 australian shepherd "emma" 1 word CRAZY x173471923 but i LOVE her!

wildeone
08-10-2006, 12:05 AM
I realize more and more everyday how lucky/blessed I am. Which is really weird because I am very self centered usually. Maybe it is called growing up. If it is growing up I am going to call my Mom, she will be so excited!
I have had 21 hours sleep in the past 112 hours, not that I am counting.
my favorite drink ritght now is Gin-Tonic-Lime, tall, Bombay Sapphire...
It is just after midnight and I just ate dinner. Combined with no sleep, my lack of nutrition will kill me by 40!
I am tired of all the politics in this country and just want someone to actually...Do what they say, Say what they do, and do what works to bring us closer together as a nation.

Danamck
08-10-2006, 01:54 AM
Wildone -

I'm with you on #5

Small Fry
08-10-2006, 02:20 AM
Wildone -

I'm with you on #5

with you guyz all the way, i just thank god that i don't have to live in the states and deal with all that stuff.

But we canadians still got our own problems EH?

JeffDubya
08-10-2006, 02:23 AM
my favorite drink ritght now is Gin-Tonic-Lime, tall, Bombay Sapphire...

Oh dear lord man... you're not supposed to mix with the premium stuff... :crazy:

JeffDubya
08-10-2006, 02:25 AM
with you guyz all the way, i just thank god that i don't have to live in the states and deal with all that stuff.

Personally, I think invading Canada would be a great diversionary tactic :D

Small Fry
08-10-2006, 02:27 AM
Personally, I think invading Canada would be a great diversionary tactic :D

Lol, i wouldn't try it, we have water guns :twisted:

Raggamuffin
08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
NO WAY! have Canada invade Mexico! Then I could have tacos at hockey games and the world would be perfect!

Victoria
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
This is a great thread so here goes:
1. Have been an EMT + Captain+ chaplin on our local Fire dept for the last 7 years (Just resigned this last year)
2. Have owned three businesses so far sold two and have high hopes that I will sell the one we have now. Auto Repair
3. I am happily married with two grown kids and 2 and one on the way grandkids.
4. I have had saltwater systems from 1976 (Back when Coral bleaching was done on purpose)
5. I also teach a Women Bible Study I have read this book more than 6 times cover to cover and many places 100's of times.
ok That would be ME!

JeffDubya
08-10-2006, 09:54 PM
NO WAY! have Canada invade Mexico! Then I could have tacos at hockey games and the world would be perfect!

HAHAHAHAHAHA and tequila!

Danamck
08-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Tacos and tequila at hockey games - I'm so there! Go Sharks!

Small Fry
08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Tacos and tequila at hockey games - I'm so there! Go Sharks!

lmao, look out mexico, here we come
:twisted: :slap:

CarmieJo
08-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Can we say Stanley Cup? Go 'Canes!

cabbagehead
08-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Great Thread

1. Not only was I a band geek, I was band president for three years and drum captain for 2 years.

2. My daughter was a 1lb 2oz micro-premmie ( or as I like to call it nano- premmie )

3. Music is the second love of my life. I own over 1000 CD's from Bach to Eminem

4. I manage grocery stores for a living

5. I am the third Jack Lewis Drew in my family. My son is the fourth.

V
04-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Ok here we go, 5 new things we didn't know about you.!

1) When im drunk i pee sitting down facing the flusher - (hey i was drunk once & fell asleep it was so comfortable)

2) ive cut back on the alchole & leading a healthy lifestyle again, no more 8+ patty high burger king meals cause workmates egg me on in-store! 106 kg to 93 & still dropping!

3) i love fast cars but abit of a wussy that cant stand getting dirty with grease - go figure!:unsure:

4) i jumped into the deep end & skillfully bluffed my way into a higher corporate possition & now ive got the skills to take over the place - once again -go figure!:unsure::unsure:

5) Now that im single again the one girl whom id love to bump ugly with for all those years is now starting to show her age - damnnnnnn -go figure! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Amphibious
04-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Oh, you just know I'm going to have fun with this!!!

Ok here we go, 5 new things we didn't know about you.!

1) When im drunk i pee sitting down facing the flusher - (hey i was drunk once & fell asleep it was so comfortable) Tell us V, was the seat up or down???

2) ive cut back on the alchole & leading a healthy lifestyle again, no more 8+ patty high burger king meals cause workmates egg me on in-store! 106 kg to 93 & still dropping! Careful V, losing all that weight makes for sagging skin. Next you'll have to go to the gym to work out. :showoff:

3) i love fast cars but abit of a (*****)(should have read) kitten that cant stand getting dirty with grease - go figure!Just a little editing, TR being family oriented and all.:madmad:

4) i jumped into the deep end & skillfully bluffed my way into a higher corporate possition & now ive got the skills to take over the place - once again -go figure!In America we call it kissing the bosses butt and other worldly skills..:agree:

5) Now that im single again the one girl whom id love to bump ugly with for all those years is now starting to show her age - damnnnnnn -go figure!Hey V, go look deeply into the mirror. She's not the only one showing her age. Give her a thrill, ask her out anyway. But don't tell her how beautiful she used to be. Be a gentleman, tell her how beautiful she is today. Remember you used to weigh 106 kg until you got the incentive to lose. Give her an incentive and watch her transform, then you can bump whatever you want with her. :wow: - :D - :rotfl:

Your friend from the TOP SIDE of the earth.

CarmieJo
04-19-2008, 09:38 AM
1. In high school I played the flute in concert band and piccolo in marching band. Now I play the flute at church and sometimes with other groups. I also play the mandolin and guitar.

2. I HATE drunk drivers.

3. We have one son. He's 18 and a sophomore in college. We just picked up our 5th high school exchange daughter/son. This year we are parents to a 15 year old girl from Korea.

4. I hate to read the directions (but love to read books)!

5. I don't watch TV except for Ohio State football games. Go Bucks!

What is it about this hobby and playing music?
1a. I love toys! :up:

2a. I've never been a "girlie" girl. No high heels, minimal make up, and just forget frilly clothes!

3a. I am a bad artist (i.e. drawing) but a decent photographer.:pic:

4a. I ran EMS for 15 years and worked at 9-1-1 for 8 years.

5a. I am an adrenaline junkie. (See 4a.):agree:

Skurvey Dog
04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Tragic beginnings with fairly happy endings :tongue2:
1) Left motherless at 3 months of age (My mother passed away)
2) Got new mother at 4 years old
3) Grew up a Tom Boy and boys were my best friends (My brother's friends) - built tree houses, camped out, egg fights, fire cracker wars, anything rough and exciting as I love competition and a challenge. :tongue2:
4) Father had me in a boat fishing since I was 1 year old. Don't get sea sick, clean my own fish and can fall asleep on the ocean with no problem. It's like a cradle rocking.
4) Won runner up for Miss Anchor in 1979. I was shocked needless to say as I never dressed up in the girlie fashions or wore designer clothing. :up:
5) Was VBS Director for 5 years and have ministered to over 1500 children and trained more than 420 adults to work with children and their families.
6) Have now become a recluse since my father's passing 5 years ago and enjoy living a simple life by the ocean, working in my yard, fishing, doing my art and running my e-commerce business.
7) If I were taken from the ocean, I would waste away and die. I love the smell of salt air, pluff mud, wet sand between my toes, the healing properties of salt water and the sun on my face. :love!:

laurabolyard
04-19-2008, 12:10 PM
This is fun!

1) I teach kindergarten
2) I am involved with my church
3) both of these things would surprise anyone from 'back home."
4) I love purple, throw in a bit of green and I am a maniac-is it any wonder thatt I love a reef?
5) I have a 14-r-old son, and am having terrible seperation anxiety

Phurst
04-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Ah, fun thread :)

1) I'm a direct decendant of both presidents Adams.

2) I was certified to teach whitewater kayaking, and a caving guide at 16.

3) I'm dyslexic.

4) I have a confirmed I.Q. of 152

5) I droped out of college because I found it boring. I wish I could go back now :)

lReef lKeeper
04-19-2008, 10:39 PM
1. i played paintball semi pro.

2. i took up reefing because PAINTBALL was to EXPENSIVE. LMAO now though.

3. i am a high school drop out ... imagine that.

4. i am considering changing my TR screen name.

5. i am about to open a coral frag farm and online store. (near future)

CarmieJo
04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
3. i am a high school drop out ... imagine that.

Let's see, I bet you hated chemistry too...

lReef lKeeper
04-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Let's see, I bet you hated chemistry too...

AND i never showed up to biology OR science classes !!

CarmieJo
04-19-2008, 11:53 PM
AND i never showed up to biology OR science classes !!
Isn't life funny?

IAreef
04-20-2008, 03:49 PM
1) I spent 6 years in college just to enter a career not related remotely close to my major

2) I first got interested in fish keeping because it appealed to my DIY side

3) I once made the opening credits of Sports Center for fighting with a mascot at a U of Iowa game

4) I once received letters from the RIAA, MPAA, FBI, and ISU, telling me to "change my computer habits":eek:

5) I was once asked to join Mensa after taking the entrance exam on a dare, after being denied entrance to 4 colleges.

V
04-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Ah, fun thread :)

3) I'm dyslexic.

thats gold!:up:

Phurst
04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
You making fun of my disability :bash:?

:lol:

lReef lKeeper
04-21-2008, 11:37 PM
6) i am an recovering alcoholic and addict ... 21days, 4 months, and 12 years clean and sober.

Phurst
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
6) i am an recovering alcoholic and addict ... 21days, 4 months, and 12 years clean and sober.

Congrats Bobby :up:

I know several paeople who have tbeen down that road, and not all of them successfuly :(

CarmieJo
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Bobby, congratulations! Keep up the good fight.

lReef lKeeper
04-21-2008, 11:53 PM
thanks guys !!

i was not looking for that, but i went to my grandfathers 40 year "birthday" in AA tonight and i thought that it was something i could share with my friends.

V
04-22-2008, 04:55 AM
yeah well great, there goes my talking about beer around you! :o
ignorance would have been bliss you know...lol

Congrats bud, & congrats on being completely backwards with everything you do too - & here i thought it was just with the american dates..?

21days, 4 months, and 12 years

Skurvey Dog
04-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Bobby, I am so glad that you can keep the dragon in the cage as many are unable to keep him there. :up: I'm proud of you. He almost destroyed my life 25 years ago. He's just a faint memory now.

lReef lKeeper
04-22-2008, 09:51 PM
thanks Lori, he is in the cage and will NOT get out again.

V, the talk does not bother me at all. dont change anything because you know that about me now !! i like you just the way you are.
i hang out with people who drink, and i do not have a problem with it.

lvreefclown
04-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Congrats Bobby on the anniversary.

I am a newbie so here goes my first 5:

1. I have two beautiful children, Christian,8 and Megan, 2. Christian was born premie 4 lbs 5 oz. Megan, on the other hand, had to be evicted.

2. I am a native to Las Vegas (a rare thing nowadays)

3. I am going back to school for my undergrad in Biology. I want to get a masters in Marine Biology and become a researcher.

4. My love for marine life started young. I am a avid fan of Seaquest (here's for Darwin!!!!). Thank you Jonathan Brandis (RIP)

5. My TV guilty pleasure is ER and The Hills. Yeah caddy rich girls arguing over which night club to get drunk at...... it is my drug of choice!!!!!!

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

lReef lKeeper
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
we are glad to have you here Anne, and thanks.

CarmieJo
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM
lvreefclown, :welcome: to TR! When I saw your name I read love reef clown but now I realize the lv stands for Las Vegas!

nay,kid
04-23-2008, 10:18 PM
My five things

1) After being a glass blower for nine years I decided to go to school for an ecology degree. The dream would be to someday turn it into a marine ecology degree.

2) I'm originally from Utah (NO I'm not mormon)

3) I'm an avid golfer

4) I've broken almost every bone in my body (used to be a bit of a dare devil)

5) I used to race BMX and motocross (see number 4)

FishFinder
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM
1. I am the youngest boy of 7 children in my family. My sister is the youngest and only girl.

2. I have 2 children. My son is 6 going on 7 and my daughter is 5.

3. I have had fish since I was 12 years old. I am 42 now

4. I work from home so I get to enjoy my tank all day. Sometimes I don't know if that's a good thing :)

5. I have lived in 3 states in the last 30 years. PA, NH and NC.

lvreefclown
04-23-2008, 10:35 PM
lvreefclown, :welcome: to TR! When I saw your name I read love reef clown but now I realize the lv stands for Las Vegas!

:rotfl:
That is ok! Glad I found this site, people here are wonderful.

Skurvey Dog
04-23-2008, 11:27 PM
:welcome: to TR LVReefClown! I'm sure you you probably never would know Christian was a premie? I only weighed 5 lbs when I was born and you'd never know it! :)

I can feel some of your pain NayKid as my son was into BMX and Motorcross also and I was grateful when he got a full time job and started taking some courses at college. Nothing like watching an EMS pick him up off the track. :cry:

Reefbaby
04-24-2008, 01:01 AM
1. I've moved 34 times in my 37 years...guess I have some catching up to do! :o

2. The majority of my life has STILL been spent getting an education! :unsure:

3. I absolutely LOVE the BLUES! :up:

4. I'm actually contemplating going back to school yet again! :eek:

5. I'm waiting on the world to change....

Guille
04-24-2008, 03:13 AM
I'll give it a shot,

1. was never in a click in school.

2. Have yet in my 40 years to watch a major sporting event from start to finish.

3. I work 2 jobs so that my wife can and has raised our son. I may not know him but he will turn out better than I have.

4. I look on with envy to those that have found inner peace. I'm still lookin.

5. I grew up in middle of nowhere North Dakota. -50 Deg. F. keeps the riff raff out.

6. extra one, I don't know alot about Reef keeping, but I slept in a Holiday in express last night.

Phurst
04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
6. extra one, I don't know alot about Reef keeping, but I slept in a Holiday in express last night.

LOL :up:

rroselavy
04-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Warm congratulations Bobby! Thats fantastic. I lost one of my brothers last year, due in large part to his alcoholism. Fortunately, I have some close friends who are recovering alcoholics who were able to counsel me (and indirectly my family) during that dark time.

Keep it up!

rroselavy
04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
1. I am the youngest boy of 7 children in my family. My sister is the youngest and only girl.

I am the youngest of (boy) of 7! (...in a catholic household, can't you tell? :) )

rroselavy
04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Let's see...

1) I am extremely shy in the presence of strangers, while fairly boisterous and wry with those who are close.
2) I abandoned college (Architecture degree) one semester from being finished.
3) My zip code is 90210, but I do not live in Beverly Hills.
4) My last name is derived from an Italian word for "residual", which was the token name for plague survivors in a small region of medieval Italy.
5) After many years of being a Mac fan, Apple recently posted a profile our company (http://www.apple.com/pro/profiles/rough_draft/) on their "Pro" site. Weeee!

rroselavy
04-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh and yeah:

6) I love coffee. My coffee maker of choice is the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741 (http://www.technivorm.com/pages/products-home.html). My coffee of choice is Intelligentsia House Blend (http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/store/coffee/blends/house).

Reefbaby
04-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey cool Scott! I want to come work for you! I'm a Mac fanatic as well....and I love Final Cut Studio!

Okay...I have to add #6 then as well.\

6) I am a coffee snob...better said, an espresso snob.
Here's my machine:

http://www.ecm-espresso.it/product/IMAGE/Vene_front.jpg

rroselavy
04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
6) I am a coffee snob...better said, an espresso snob.

Hey! I was thinking recently of purchasing a Rancilio Silvia (with the aftermarket PID - temp controller). Not nearly as pretty as yours. I already have a Rancilio Rocky grinder that I use at home for my coffee.

http://www.mlgp-llc.com/PID/images/96-400-DSC_5078.jpg

Intelligentsia is known for their "Black Cat" Espresso. Next time you are in the states, you might want to pick up a bag to bring home.

lReef lKeeper
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Warm congratulations Bobby! Thats fantastic. I lost one of my brothers last year, due in large part to his alcoholism. Fortunately, I have some close friends who are recovering alcoholics who were able to counsel me (and indirectly my family) during that dark time.

Keep it up!

thanks man, i am sorry about your brother. this disease does some cruel things not only to the person, but the family as well.

mysterybox
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
1. I have cheated death at least 4 times
a. slept in van (30 years ago) overnight in flagstaff where overnight temps froze water in sealed cooler in van
b. did 2 360's in miata on walled bridge on 2 lane interstate hitting both sides of wall. if any vehicle was behind me, I would not be here.
c. excess of some younger day stuff
d. quick reaction at a free Ramones concert in Central Park back in '79 saved me from being disemboweled from a knife

2. saved a toddler from drowning

3. was a centerfold in a magazine ad

4. raised my daughter (she's 25 now) as a single parent at a time & place that not common for men

5. went to see Pope John Paul II in the jubilee year of 2000, saw St. Peter's tomb, Sistine Chapel, Rome, Florence, Venice, & Northern Germany.

Ralph

lReef lKeeper
05-21-2009, 09:45 PM
wow Ralph ... that is all impressive !!

mysterybox
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
awe thanks...........

mysterybox
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I've been drinking espresso daily (6 shots) since 1982 or so...................I love it.

Pat
05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
1. iv owned 3 cars this year 1992 bmw 325i(my favorit car in the world that i miss sooo much) 99 ram sold last week , now i own a 2006 infinity QX56

2. im 18 years old and recently almost became a father (was really scared haha)

3. 2 close frinds passed this month :( miss you guys

4. i want to become a police officer and then join S.W.A.T

5 this hobby is more expensive then i thought itd be lol

rayme07
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
You guys have some good and bad things we didn't know about you. Here's mine

1. LOVE coffee

2.Had bad grades in elementary school.

3. Almost died why deer hunting due to the throttle of my go cart sticking and went over the side of the hill that was pretty far down then got shot out of the go cart landing on rocks luckly moving out of the way before the go cart came crashing down in the spot where I was at.

4. Love wood working. :D

5. My grandpa Ray died due to a drunk driver before i was born and never got to meet him.

Iron E
05-22-2009, 01:30 AM
OK so here's my Five...

1) I have two of the best daughters! Carra, 28 and Rachelle, 13. Same mother. Divorced the mother(Sue) before Rachelle was born. Rachelle and her mother live upstairs in my house. I live in the basement. (Nice and clean down here!)

2)I've built 21 Harley Davidsons and over 40 cars. Currently building a Meyers Tow'd (Street/Dune Buggy)

3) Have over 26 years of commercial vehicle experience. 15 of which was driving school bus. 8 driving semis. currently drive a home fuel delivery route locally.

4) I love to go backpacking/camping on the Pacific Crest Trail. ( Trailhead is two miles away! Yay!)

5) I have an old school/hippie bus (Named "Schooner or later") I used to follow The Dead with. Now I go to Burning Man festivals in it and someday i hope to "retire" in it, traveling to several pieces of property scattered over N. America.

Well, is that what you expected?

Keep smilin', Tom

Oh, I almost forgot. here's a shot of my favorite espresso maker. (I've been through dozens!) It goes everywhere with me. (Home, bus, camping.)

(Dancing Bears! Cool!)

The Wandering Bard
05-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Hm..

1. just got married to a lovely southern gal.
2. I'm 23 years old
3. I've had a fish tank since I was 8 years old (though it was up until a few years ago a fresh water tank.)
4. I've been swimming with dozens of kinds of sharks (with and with out cages) and whale (who are much bigger up close then on tv :-) )
5. I finally have a hobby my wife enjoys and is looking forward to starting a tank of her own.

saltaddict
05-23-2009, 11:17 PM
1. I was a wild child in High School now I am an extremely strict parent of 4 - "Wonder why I am strict??"

2. Retired from the corporate life at the ripe old age of 30 - loved watching open heart surgery performed.

3. Very athletic - played baseball on an all boys team, one of three girls in high school to take weight lifting, soccer, cheer leading, wake boarding, slalom skiing but I CANNOT PLAY GOLF TO SAVE MY LIFE!

4. Took up construction and tear up my home regularly for fun.

5. I love a little coffee with my vanilla cream. I drink it every morning and it makes me sick as a dog but I still drink it!

V
05-25-2009, 02:12 PM
sweet to see these old threads still alive & kicking :D

Pat
05-26-2009, 12:28 AM
1. its been a hard few months and will soon be moving out on my own at the age of 18

2 will be studying criminal justice next semester

3 wanna become a cop

4 favorite movie is swat

5 coffee = cure the morning after a party

V
05-26-2009, 08:50 AM
oh, funky tasting power aid that was clearly created from someone without taste buds & a greasy kabab used to be my vice for after party recharge:p

however back in my day they were disco's & then back in Amps day it was just called loitering...lol

Allowin
05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Hummm. Shall I tell the truth and have you guys wonder about me? Or lie and look "normal" like everybody else?

1. Parents got divorced at the age of 14 and I turned into a rebellious trouble maker and was being watched and followed by the FBI when I was 16 and 17 because I belonged to a certain group of people who many people did not like.

2. I have become one of the most docile and level headed people I know since the age of 30. Spent the first 29 years of my life in a downward spiral of hell raising without regard for my well being or the well being of anybody around me

3. I hate my job with a passion and would love to start my own company doing something I really love but am too scared to actually take the step.

4. I'm turning 34 in 2 days and have never even tried any sort of drugs in my entire life. No pot, no pills no anything. The hardest thing I've every done is a caffine pill to keep me awake.

5. I hate not knowing the answer or the solution to a problem. It can be something I know nothing about and it will bother me for days if I don't figure it out. Most of the time I will keep messing with it until I get it fixed or answered.

Iron E
05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Hummm. Shall I tell the truth and have you guys wonder about me? Or lie and look "normal" like everybody else?

Are you insinuating I'm normal? :rotfl:

I hate my job with a passion and would love to start my own company doing something I really love but am too scared to actually take the step.

Dude, ya' gotta go for it!! :cool:

I think you are normal!!! :eek:

Tom

Skurvey Dog
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Lol Eric------>>>> Please define "Normal" for us! :mrgreen: You've been with us long enough to realize that only applies to our obsession and dedication to this hobby. Reefers are a rare breed and there's nothing ordinary or normal about us! :D It's where we've been, the past, that makes us the special, unique people we have become today. It's what one does with today and tomorrow that counts.

saltaddict
05-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I think I am normal ----- in a weird sorta way.
We all have quirks and that is what makes us individuals, without the quirks wouldn't we all be so boring.

I told the truth - I can't hit a golf ball for crap, extreme wild child therefore very strict on my four because I know what they are capable of, loved watching a beating heart stopped and then re-started and watching surgery performed on a beating heart without stopping it and I do drink that darn coffee every morning knowing that I will be sick as he-- in about 30 minutes but I still do it every day.
I forgot - I have OCD - Obessive compulsive disorder. I wipe most every thing in my house with alcohol several times a day, I clean bathrooms every other day and I vacuum daily! I repaint walls more than most people clean their windows and I clean carpets every couple of months and I can't stick to a budget - the more I try the more I spend!

Allowin
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Lol Eric------>>>> Please define "Normal" for us! :mrgreen: You've been with us long enough to realize that only applies to our obsession and dedication to this hobby. Reefers are a rare breed and there's nothing ordinary or normal about us! :D It's where we've been, the past, that makes us the special, unique people we have become today. It's what one does with today and tomorrow that counts.

Well, I'm still not normal lol. But If I could just forget my past and be judged on my future it would be a plus. I've not always been the happy go lucky and fun, lovable teddy bear I am now. :tongue2:

And another thing I can add to that list

6. I've felt the best feeling I have ever had in my life and also the worst feeling in my life within the last year. The best was when I looked at my girlfriend and knew that I loved her more than anything in this world and that she was the first girl I've ever dated that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. The worst feeling in my life was knowing that she was crying and the reason she was crying was because of something I did.

V
05-28-2009, 12:02 AM
sounds like you were a skin head or something. :huh:

dude, we all wake up eventually. thats the beauty of being different, sometimes it takes a certain trigger to start a catalyst of change.

i dont really care if your a butterfly hatched from paracidical catapillar. i havn't done the whole documentry thing to make the pre-determined distinction.

so what im trying to say is be yourself as it could be worst....you could be this dude !! lol

http://www.blogula-rasa.com/images/tokyostormtrooper.jpg

rayme07
05-28-2009, 01:10 AM
lol you got a point there V.

Pat
05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
3. I hate my job with a passion and would love to start my own company doing something I really love but am too scared to actually take the step.

hey bud you just gatta plan everything out set goals think everything over so that if it dont work out your not screwed b/c of trying it
im 18 and 2 months ago i started my own landscaping company, i borrowed tools from friends and neighbors till i had money to get my own, now i have my own but unfortunetly my truck couldnt handle the work load beaing as old as it was and the engin went so i had to close it down,
but i had thought everything over carefully now i have a few bills in my pocket saved till i find a new job or a truck for a good price

Iron E
05-28-2009, 12:10 PM

1. Parents got divorced at the age of 14 and I turned into a rebellious trouble maker and was being watched and followed by the FBI when I was 16 and 17 because I belonged to a certain group of people who many people did not like.

2. I have become one of the most docile and level headed people I know since the age of 30. Spent the first 29 years of my life in a downward spiral of hell raising without regard for my well being or the well being of anybody around me

4. I'm turning 34 in 2 days and have never even tried any sort of drugs in my entire life. No pot, no pills no anything. The hardest thing I've every done is a caffine pill to keep me awake.

5. I hate not knowing the answer or the solution to a problem. It can be something I know nothing about and it will bother me for days if I don't figure it out. Most of the time I will keep messing with it until I get it fixed or answered.

Basically, I don't give a rat's patoot about who you were in another life, dude!

It's all about who and what you are now.

You've heard of skeletons in the closet... anybody who says they don't get 'em is either lying or a fer-real saint!

I'll bet there's even a few saints who would surprise ya'! (Where d'ya' think they got the term "saint-HOOD"?!?!)

Tom

Carty
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM
just found this thread... since its pretty old, I guess I will throw in 10 things to catch up

V, we really need to get a beer haha

1. Im on the FBI bomb list, and will be until im 25 (about 2.5 years left)

2. I've been charged (not convicted) with 2 felonies in my life, but have a completely crystal clean record (see above)

3. I play acoustic guitar and regularly play shows with my buddy jason (acoustic guitar) in the atlanta area

4. In highschool I started for my school's baseball team and we were ranked 3rd in the nation

5. I was rejected from going to University of Auburn because my gpa (2.94) was lower than they required (3.00) even though my SAT scores were WAY higher than they required I got a 1560/1600, they require a 1000/1600

6. Im a full time student in college studying Chem. Eng. with a job doing freelance graphic design for several different companies (Arby's, Fuddruckers, Dunkin' Donuts, Six Flags) - I know, not related at all haha

7. I can throw a baseball faster than most people have ever driven their car (93 miles per hour)

8. I have been all over the world travelling.. a total of around 25 or 30 different countries.. im not going to count them, but japan and australia are 2 of them (i know aus. is not a country, but whatever)

9. Im on TV pretty regularly as one of the McCann's Can's at the braves games

10. I was invited to join Mensa, but never did, I felt it was a waste of time, I don't need some group to tell me how smart I am

V
05-29-2009, 02:29 AM
yeah ...i can see it now, you tieing a soda bottle harness to a piece of string connected to some poor shmoo's front door handle, knocking & waiting for them to answer so you could see their extorted face as a screaming rocket comes streaming along the stringline. lol

the only reason you didn't get caught was cause it was cold that night & your were wearing gloves...:tongue2:

& i didn't see you enter my check point when entering my Country.:huh: let alone the offer for beer porn & prawn night!!!

lReef lKeeper
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Hahaaaaa ... Your country.