PDA

View Full Version : hello

ghostbear29
01-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi all, Im new here to the site but not to nano. Ive had my tank for a little over 2 years and currently in possesion of a 16 gal. bowfront mixed reef. a little of everything. I have thoroughly enjoyed this hobby, even with the head aches and dissapointments. I hope to learn some new insights and meet some interesting people. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. Just be patient with the response as I am currently building a new home and that takes alot of my time. Along with a pregnant wife and a demanding job, I will relish this time here on the boards to get away for a little while.;)
Thanks.
jeff

Rob
01-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Jeff,
i welcome you and your experience to our community.
i hope you find it educational and enjoyable.

thanks for takign a moment to say hi, and if you have any suggestions for the site or show, or show questions, please feel free to post them in the forums.

thanks

ghostbear29
01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
thanks and congrats on a well done site. i am new to your podcasts but slowly catching up. *and by the way* you can leave them long....I have a lot of miles to drive and constantly on the ipod. thanks again.
jeff

gwen_o_lyn
01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
*and by the way* you can leave them long....I have a lot of miles to drive and constantly on the ipod. thanks again.
jeff

Yup I agree with Jeff- I love the long shows!! :D

Rob
01-12-2006, 12:48 PM
lol...
thanks for the feedback..
i have found that about 30 minutes is good...
some shorter some longer, because i have been SOOOO busy this last week, this weeks show will probably be shorter...lol

gwen_o_lyn
01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
You do what you can Rob, it's not like you are raking in the money with the shows, but hopefully soon you will be.

If you do short shows, we'll listen, and if you do long shows we'll love ya for it!!

Rob, are u still accepting donations?? I don't see the link for it on the new site.

Rob
01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
thank you...
and yes i am.. i am goingto be doing it a bit different with the new site...
having "contibuting member" features and stuff like that..
there is still stuff to setup for that, but im sure you seen the tag by your name.
i did that manually becuase of your past donations, but im going to be automating this shortly. probably in the next week or two.

gwen_o_lyn
01-12-2006, 02:54 PM
oh is that what contributing member means?? I would have never known if you didn't tell me! ha.. yeah I enjoy giving money to Rob- I think I have serious issues.... maybe I need counseling .....

ghostbear29
01-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Well, these things take time, the same with the tanks....patience is thy greatest virtue. I am trying to rid or atleast gain headway in a bryopsis attack. Phosphates suck! Luckily waterchanges are cheap and my corals are really healthy. I had lost a newly aquired frag of acan just to find it behind the LR a week later and everything is ok. Thank the reef lord! Also, my orange crush echin just sprouted 3 little corallites! Yeah! Now everything would be just great, if my house would finish up and I could move the tank to the house and begin a regimen of cleaning on the bad boy! Oh well, you can atleast see some good pics in the tank progress part of the site. thanks again for the warm welcome.