PDA

View Full Version : Guess I am lucky

kj_yoda
07-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I just picked up a mated pair of Black Percula clowns b/c I wanted them to host in my green carpet anemone. As many of you know, I have a large tomato clown and thought that it would cause a big problem, but the Clown didn't bother them at all and they IMMEDIATELY hosted in my carpet.

What I did was put a frozen piece of brine shrimp and they went down, ate, then started biting my anemone and then were rubbing all night long. THis morning, before I left for work, the female was in the carpet and the male was under the carpet...what an interesting sight.

I will post pictures, they just aren't on this computer...YET

Rob
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
awesome..
see sometimes they just need a bit of incentive.. ;)

glad to hear its working out good.

pham411
07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
how do you get the clowns to host in your anemone?? i have a rose buble tip with 2 perculas, its been a week and they wont go near the bta.

wwest
07-21-2006, 07:53 PM
have the clowns ever hosted your anemone? or are all three new to your tank?

fat walrus
07-21-2006, 08:11 PM
have the clowns ever hosted your anemone? or are all three new to your tank?
don't mean to speak for yoda, but i believe he had this carpet for a while. he talked about it in another thread.

pham411
07-21-2006, 08:37 PM
they are new baby true percs. the anemone ihas been in my tank for about 2 months

wwest
07-21-2006, 08:58 PM
the reason i was wondering is because when i got my maroon i got my BTA a day later from a diferent store. and the maroon hosted with my feather untill he killed the feather, then he went to the BTA. it took maybe a week/week and a half.

wildeone
07-21-2006, 09:19 PM
My percs took over a month to host. I tried food and feeding over the BTA and the like but it never worked. What I figured out with mine was that the BTA was outside the clown "swim zone". I turned the rock my BTA was on 90 degrees basicall moving him anout 4-6" closer tot eh front of the tank. The clowns hosted the next night. Look where you clowns hang out now and maybe you canmove your BTA a little to put him closer to the area they swim in.

gwen_o_lyn
07-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Congrats Kevin- that's awesome. Looking forward to seeing that!!

Haven't heard from ya in a few weeks- hope u are doing well. ;)

kj_yoda
07-24-2006, 10:26 AM
I've been really busy lately with a lot of stuff... life has been hectic, that is why I haven't been on the boards a lot.

I have had my carpet anemone for about 6 months and thought it needed some company, and someone to feed it. I have a large tomato clown, as I posted earlier, which is the bully of the tank.

As I was aclimating my black percs, I was feeding the tank to make the inhabitants less likely to attack the little guys and they were going for the food rather aggressively biting the bag.

My carpet really wasn't out, so I thought that I'd feed it to get it to come out more and give them a place to go to. They saw me do this and when I put them in the tank, they went right down to it and started eating the food... As I said before, i guess I was lucky.

The fish store I bought these from said that someone else bought a pair and they went straight for their carpet too. Seems to be looking good for now. They survived the weekend with the tomato clown and look very content in the tank.

As I said, I will post pics... I will try to do that tonight. The female loves to hang out in the mouth of the carpet, and the male loves to be under the carpet... kinda funny.

kj_yoda
07-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I finally took a picture of my new black perculas.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e196/kj_yoda/Fish/KJ2006-07-20_0005.jpg

fat walrus
07-25-2006, 10:29 PM
they look really nice, yoda.

gwen_o_lyn
07-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Very cool Kevin! Their faces are so sweet.

CarmieJo
07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
They are looking happy!

kj_yoda
07-26-2006, 10:20 AM
they are extremely happy.