PDA

View Full Version : Change "New Post" function

Rob
07-19-2006, 01:08 AM
currently when you click the New Posts (http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew) link you get a page or pages of all the threads that have unread posts. for most people this list is HUGE.

so im curious if people want me to leave it like this, or if you would rather see unread posts from the last 24 hours os something like that

AdamJ
07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
its very managable if you remember to mark forum as read
(button at bottom of main forums page)

Rob
07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
there is a poll if you want to vote on it.. :)

pham411
07-19-2006, 01:24 AM
i like the "todays post" feature

V
07-19-2006, 07:04 AM
the way we post, anything more than 24h would be an act of futility. a quick link to the past week would be ok for those that aren't on as much as the hardcore users! aka TR Junkies

wwest
07-19-2006, 08:37 AM
i like the idea of a option. 24 hour post, all new posts, or maybe even weekly new posts starting on sunday. i like to look at all the threads and if say im not logged on for 24 hours ( should never happen ) i would like to go back and look at posts i missed with ease... heres an idea. not sure how hard it would be but make the New Posts link we use right now and turn it into a drop down. with the option 24 hours, weekly posts, and view all.

just my three cents.

Amphibious
07-19-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm the first "dude" with the "other" vote.

I've wondered from the beginning if, Rob, you could, in addition to the "New Post" link have a "New Threads" link? I'd like to review new threads since my last post before reading posts that have come in on threads I've already read and posted on. Does that make any sense? :roll:

Rob
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
not sure how to do that.. im sure with a bit of coding i could get it in there..

but for this poll, i just want to concentrate on the new post function..

once i get consensus on that, i can look at adding or changing other things.. :)

V
07-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Amp, ive seen & read this many times! i still have know idea how to decode that into my usable language, but damn thats a trippy mouthful!;)

I'm the first "dude" with the "other" vote.

I've wondered from the beginning if, Rob, you could, in addition to the "New Post" link have a "New Threads" link? I'd like to review new threads since my last post before reading posts that have come in on threads I've already read and posted on. Does that make any sense? :roll:

Amphibious
07-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, that's why at the end I asked, "Does that make any sense"? I thought maybe Rob could make sense of it. If you V, the great decipherer, can't make sense of it then possibly it's illegible babble. :rotfl:

Rob
07-20-2006, 11:42 AM
yes, totally made sense..
your looking for a link, that when clicked it would show newly created threads for the current day or last 24 hours

V
07-20-2006, 11:02 PM
yes, totally made sense..
your looking for a link, that when clicked it would show newly created threads for the current day or last 24 hours

lol, that was my thought...not :|
id like a "new threads" button under the "new posts" button could have been easyer for me to decode the matrix > Amp_lified! hehe

Raggamuffin
07-22-2006, 07:21 PM
<--- Agrees with Wwest

Rob
07-23-2006, 12:40 AM
i like the idea of a option. 24 hour post, all new posts, or maybe even weekly new posts starting on sunday. i like to look at all the threads and if say im not logged on for 24 hours ( should never happen ) i would like to go back and look at posts i missed with ease... heres an idea. not sure how hard it would be but make the New Posts link we use right now and turn it into a drop down. with the option 24 hours, weekly posts, and view all.

just my three cents.

<--- Agrees with Wwest

if you click the "quick links" link right next to the search link there is a button there for "todays posts" that might help ya

fat walrus
07-23-2006, 02:32 AM
if you click the "quick links" link right next to the search link there is a button there for "todays posts" that might help ya
awesome. great tip, Rob. i thought that page was only available when you log off.

CarmieJo
07-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Gee, I guess that I never tried that button out!